• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election Now!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Boris is probably the only Tory who could win the next election
    I don't think we needed more evidence what a parallel universe you spend your time in but it's good to make it absolutely clear for the avoidance of doubt, how seriously we should take you.

(assuming no more disasters, of course
    This is nearly as deluded, Boris is still being investigated and could lose his seat.

Sadly though we will get Sunak, Shapps and Hunt in charge, aka three collective failures with Remainer backgrounds and vastly unqualified opinions of their own abilities.
    Boris has a remainer background and I'm fairly sure Liz does too.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The Greens.

they are more left wing than Corbyn.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I don't think we needed more evidence what a parallel universe you spend your time in but it's good to make it absolutely clear for the avoidance of doubt, how seriously we should take you.

This is nearly as deluded, Boris is still being investigated and could lose his seat.

Boris has a remainer background and I'm fairly sure Liz does too.
        If Boris isn't a good constituency MP - and I get a feeling from reports his constituents don't see him - then as his majority isn't that large he can easily lose his seat.

There as Mrs May is all over her constituency.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What, 1% of the population?
          Yes but they have the 'right opinion' so like other democratic situations we should ignore the facts and rejoin the EU.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The question wasn't your opinion of where their politics lay, but to name a party
            "who actually knows what it thinks and has some sort of internal cohesion, almost regardless what their policies are."

If you think that your bias means you refuse to find out whether they have internal cohesion, or even to find out (from them) what their policies are, then you are the epitome of why the far right in the UK are not interested in the UK, but only in clinging on to a system of beliefs that have failed this country for the last decade.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
              The leadership contest is clearly geared towards narrowing the field as quickly as possible.

With a threshold of 100 nominations, a maximum of three candidates can stand.

It also looks like the rules have been drawn up in the hope of MPs picking a winner without needing a final vote among party members.

Even if two remain to go head to head among members, there’ll be an “indicative vote“ among MPs, so the Tory grassroots will be in no doubt about the parliamentary party’s preferred leader in waiting.
              So the new PM will know explicitly they're not the one their colleagues wanted, more likely.

Comment

This is why I put "almost" in my post

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The question wasn't your opinion of where their politics lay, but to name a party
                  "who actually knows what it thinks and has some sort of internal cohesion, almost regardless what their policies are."

If you think that your bias means you refuse to find out whether they have internal cohesion, or even to find out (from them) what their policies are, then you are the epitome of why the far right in the UK are not interested in the UK, but only in clinging on to a system of beliefs that have failed this country for the last decade.
                  The greens have plenty of internal cohesion, all one of them. The wider party is part of a floating gaggle that includes genuine environmentalists and the Stop Oil crowd.

I'm not biased but i do follow history. The Tories now are a shambles through lack of leadership and cohesion.

Labour are in at least three groups, centre, left and Corbynistas and are driven by the unions anyway.

Lib Dems are beneath comtempt but at least they sing with one voice, so perhaps they are the unity party. Just don't look too closely at their ideas.

But its pointless arguing purely on the basis of party politics, so don't ascribe opinions to me that I may not hold.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The greens have plenty of internal cohesion, all one of them. The wider party is part of a floating gaggle that includes genuine environmentalists and the Stop Oil crowd.

I'm not biased but i do follow history. The Tories now are a shambles through lack of leadership and cohesion.

Labour are in at least three groups, centre, left and Corbynistas and are driven by the unions anyway.

Lib Dems are beneath comtempt but at least they sing with one voice, so perhaps they are the unity party. Just don't look too closely at their ideas.

But its pointless arguing purely on the basis of party politics, so don't ascribe opinions to me that I may not hold.
                    I'd vote Green above Tory or Labour any day ... and I've never glued myself to anything or hugged a tree. You don't need to be a raving loon to care for the environment and have empathy for others.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'd vote Green above Tory or Labour any day ... and I've never glued myself to anything or hugged a tree. You don't need to be a raving loon to care for the environment and have empathy for others.
                      OK. Just take a close look at their policies though...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X