• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Worst UK Tory PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nominate Winston Churchill. His treatment of India and other (now former) colonies was appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I think he was talking about the EU - aka Germany and France - rather than the UK...
      No? really? Probably too subtle for me ....
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I nominate Winston Churchill. His treatment of India and other (now former) colonies was appalling.
        Different times and different attitudes. Not sure that "I nominate Winston Churchill" in answer to "Who is the worse Tory UK PM of recent years?" is valid.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Different times and different attitudes. Not sure that "I nominate Winston Churchill" in answer to "Who is the worse Tory UK PM of recent years?" is valid.
          That's the "subtle" point.

A bit like what politicians do.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Truss is married to Hugh O'Leary
            So her name is Mary O'leary Cannot get any more Irisher

Comment

My point was that we haven't had a decent, honest and effective PM of any party since Maggie - and quite a lot of people don't even agree about her. Sorry if that was a bit too subtle for you.
              more than too subtle your post was just not relevant at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

more than too subtle your post was just not relevant at all.
                So clearly too subtle then...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Gordon Brown - Famous for totally screwing the best pension system in the world (and leading indirectly to the current financial mess) and inventing the whole concept of stealth taxation

Tony Blair - for leading us into an unnecessary and pointless war costing hundreds of UK lives on the basis of a complete fabrication and politicising the Civil Service (probably the greatest betrayal since Chamberlin)
                  Again you show inability to read. Please don't try and derail every thread into a metaphorical nosh-fest for BJ.

Cameron should be in the list but Major is hardly a Tory leader of 'recent years' either.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My point was that we haven't had a decent, honest and effective PM of any party since Maggie - and quite a lot of people don't even agree about her. Sorry if that was a bit too subtle for you.

Decent?

Comment

Working...
                    X