• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Worst UK Tory PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

yep its terrible BJ could look good. Maggie was a better performer even after losing her marbles.
    I cant get over how she didn't come out fighting.

Corp tax was a key policy of hers in the leadership campaign and justified it would encourage growth and without explanation its changed

Like Ir35 repeals - no explanation as to why after 5 years of pain it suddenly changes

A rabbit in headlights

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      malvolio Brown and Blair are disqualified as they were standing for the Labour party not the Tory party. I'm aware you know the difference and you can read?

I left Cameron out as he lasted 6 years which is far longer than the 3 Tory PMs mentioned in the poll.

Major was PM in the 20th century.
      My point was that we haven't had a decent, honest and effective PM of any party since Maggie - and quite a lot of people don't even agree about her. Sorry if that was a bit too subtle for you.

The Labour system as re-engineered by Millipede gave us (potentially at least) the utterly unelectable Corbyn followed by the current Max Headroom vacuum. The Tory one has failed to deliver a good PM every time it's been operated (and when it actually did, it produced Boris...). One day, our elected representative may realise that while they may have good people in their pool, they are incapable of identifying them.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Blair was best with Brown as Chancellor - low taxes, business friendly environment - all gone downhill after Bliar
        Totally agree, Blair was superb, and Brown a genius of finances. Halcyon days, halcyon days.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Totally agree, Blair was superb, and Brown a genius of finances. Halcyon days, halcyon days.
          £500 daily rates for VB6 gigs too?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

My point was that we haven't had a decent, honest and effective PM of any party since Maggie - and quite a lot of people don't even agree about her. Sorry if that was a bit too subtle for you.

The Labour system as re-engineered by Millipede gave us (potentially at least) the utterly unelectable Corbyn followed by the current Max Headroom vacuum. The Tory one has failed to deliver a good PM every time it's been operated (and when it actually did, it produced Boris...). One day, our elected representative may realise that while they may have good people in their pool, they are incapable of identifying them.
            Apart from being hated by the extreme brexidiots from her own party, pushing for the impossible then taking her down, what did May do wrong?

Tories imploded and put in the dick Boris, as he promised brexit unicorns to appease the idiots, and look where we are now. Brexit still a mess, economy a mess, and talk of another Tory leader being kicked out.

The party deserves to collapse in on itself (or up it's own backside)
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Apart from being hated by the extreme brexidiots from her own party, pushing for the impossible then taking her down, what did May do wrong?

Tories imploded and put in the dick Boris, as he promised brexit unicorns to appease the idiots, and look where we are now. Brexit still a mess, economy a mess, and talk of another Tory leader being kicked out.

The party deserves to collapse in on itself (or up it's own backside)
              The Tory Party has already collapsed. The party was infiltrated by UKIP prior to 2016 and openly welcomed them and other extremists after the referendum. Thatcher and company are lefties compared with the current government. Heseltine was as about far right as you could fine a Tory MP, now the Tories consider him as a leftie whip. The Tory Party is virtually UKIP without Farage

At the last election, Bojo made sure that all the Tory MPs were pro-brexit, today it's almost impossible to find one of those MPs defending brexit.

The postponed London march to re-join the EU will take place the Saturday 22 October, no-one is expecting a re-join any time soon but it may be the seeding of the single market and customs union in one for or another.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

The Tory Party has already collapsed. The party was infiltrated by UKIP prior to 2016 and openly welcomed them and other extremists after the referendum. Thatcher and company are lefties compared with the current government. Heseltine was as about far right as you could fine a Tory MP, now the Tories consider him as a leftie whip. The Tory Party is virtually UKIP without Farage

At the last election, Bojo made sure that all the Tory MPs were pro-brexit, today it's almost impossible to find one of those MPs defending brexit.

The postponed London march to re-join the EU will take place the Saturday 22 October, no-one is expecting a re-join any time soon but it may be the seeding of the single market and customs union in one for or another.
                ein volk ein reich ein führer -- oh goody
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

ein volk ein reich ein führer -- oh goody
                  Boris wasn't quite that bad ... he was only in it for himself. The rest of them though ....
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Boris wasn't quite that bad ... he was only in it for himself. The rest of them though ....
                    I think he was talking about the EU - aka Germany and France - rather than the UK...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post

Wait a minute.. really? What about the Gordon Brown tax timebomb? Do you honestly believe the more you earn the higher percentage tax rate should be? Wheres the incentive to work harder?
                      This assumes anyone can earn more if they just work harder.

Many poorly paid people work extremely hard and have little prospect of ever significantly improving their circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                      X