• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Dice Box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dice Box

Ok so this is a craft project I am pleased with.

background: in D&D there is a monster called a mimic that looks like a treasure chest until you get close, at which point it shows it’s teeth & tries to take your legs off.

A pattern designer (leather hub) created a leather version of this wee beastie, so I just had to have a go, it’s their pattern but I changed up design on the straps & eyes, and lined it in faux suede

I also needed a larger dice box so why not!

its all leather, other than the eyes which I cast out of resin

for scale the squares on the mat are at 1”

his name is Maurice the dice munching mimic

Click image for larger version

Name:	F20411AA-0CDD-4F89-823F-4EAA1BCF06DC.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	4236529

Name:	5FE8FE40-1BA8-4D49-897C-B1D24AAB6F4D.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	4236530

Name:	AE398630-F07D-4683-B41C-70B6891ACB41.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	4236531
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Something I didn't think I would be typing this morning!

"Halo - nice box!"

Definitely a work of art.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Whooaaa. That's absolutely epic. Never seen anything like that before

looks like a treasure chest until you get close, at which point it shows it’s teeth & tries to take your legs off.
      Sounds like TestManglers wallet that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Whooaaa. That's absolutely epic. Never seen anything like that before

Sounds like TestManglers wallet that.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Nicely crafted.

Is your background SQL/Data based? SQLBits (large Data Platform conference) is on next year and the theme is D&D.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Offspring of rincewind's luggage?*

*Terry pratchet

Comment

Must be the 6th time today I've come back to look at this. It's just crazy good.

I had a quick look at that Leather Hub. I had no idea so much could be made from leather. It must make you salivate looking at some of the stuff on there. So much cool stuff on one site. That alien face hugger mask is something else. I mean, who decided to make that in the first place and who would want one anyway but it looks so cool.

If I had your skills I'd have bought have the patterns on there to try. Love it.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nice. I like monsters.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That's fabulous work!

Maybe you should blag a side job on The Repair Shop when Susie takes a holiday

Comment

That's brilliant! I've never play D&D, but I would if I had one of those.

On a side note, Leather Hub is the kind of site name that would raise questions from Mrs Albert, just like when I bought stuff from the entirely safe for work biggerjugs.co.uk
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                    X