• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truss Out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Labour and the Tories are unelectable shambles of inconsistent and incoherent political aims and policies.

The only way forward is a full on revolution and the setup of a new Federal Republic of Great Britain

Click image for larger version

Name:	2oapiy0u33q21.png?auto=webp&s=714fbfc35ea2580c5f756108e7516503ebeda3f0.png
Views:	131
Size:	634.1 KB
ID:	4235519
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      Both Labour and the Tories are unelectable shambles of inconsistent and incoherent political aims and policies.

The only way forward is a full on revolution and the setup of a new Federal Republic of Great Britain
      Oddly one of the things someone mentioned at Labour Party Conference was making the UK a federal state.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Oddly one of the things someone mentioned at Labour Party Conference was making the UK a federal state.
        How do you federate a single nation?

That apart, NI is supposed to be self governing but can't even agree to meet, much less form a a working government, Wales is a Principality with no real powers (and led by a left-wing idiot) and Scotland has fairly extensive powers but is singularly failing to make effective use of them, being too engrossed with "Independence" to look after their electorate's best interests in healthcare and education, among others.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You could ask MF - he's so fat the gov't federated him.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

That apart, NI is supposed to be self governing but can't even agree to meet, much less form a a working government, Wales is a Principality with no real powers (and led by a left-wing idiot) and Scotland has fairly extensive powers but is singularly failing to make effective use of them, being too engrossed with "Independence" to look after their electorate's best interests in healthcare and education, among others.
            ssh its all the fault of the English!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

No, the anglo-saxons. Bloody foreigners coming over here, etc.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In many ways, yes it is.

We seem to think it's ok that we have more power in parliament than the Scots, Welsh etc and can make laws for them, yet when there are talks of a coalition between say the SNP and Labour then the English are in uproar that those damn Scots are controlling us.

Do you not see the irony?

Do you also not see the irony, and hypocrisy, that brexiters wanted to break away from the EU as you don't want to be controlled by a foreign union, yet you think it's ok to have a UK union where an English parliament (because let's face it, that's what Westminster is) controls the smaller nations?

I'm comfortable being British. But I do struggle with the little Englander, jingoistic attitudes.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

That's what is being investigated.

It will mean legal changes but the aim would be to stop Scottish independence, stop an united Ireland, shut up any Welsh people demanding their own independence and shut up any people in Cornwall, Yorkshire or any random English region demanding self-determination for their little area.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

In many ways, yes it is.

We seem to think it's ok that we have more power in parliament than the Scots, Welsh etc and can make laws for them, yet when there are talks of a coalition between say the SNP and Labour then the English are in uproar that those damn Scots are controlling us.

Do you not see the irony?

Do you also not see the irony, and hypocrisy, that brexiters wanted to break away from the EU as you don't want to be controlled by a foreign union, yet you think it's ok to have a UK union where an English parliament (because let's face it, that's what Westminster is) controls the smaller nations?

I'm comfortable being British. But I do struggle with the little Englander, jingoistic attitudes.
                    Which jingoistic attitudes are those?

What was the result of the Scottish independence vote that we paid for?

If Wales want independence then by all means campaign for it.

Northern Ireland we did retain by force because the opponents kept blowing people up. If they wanted independence then why would we stand in their way if its democratic?

They still all have a parliament. Many of their MPs vote on English laws, they do also have isolated Scottish laws formed in Holyrood.

Malovio pointed out that even though they have a large amount of power their citizens tend not to get results as good as if they had remained with Westminster rule.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Which jingoistic attitudes are those?

What was the result of the Scottish independence vote that we paid for?

If Wales want independence then by all means campaign for it.

Northern Ireland we did retain by force because the opponents kept blowing people up. If they wanted independence then why would we stand in their way if its democratic?

They still all have a parliament. Many of their MPs vote on English laws, they do also have isolated Scottish laws formed in Holyrood.

Malovio pointed out that even though they have a large amount of power their citizens tend not to get results as good as if they had remained with Westminster rule.
                      You have a very myopic view mate. But we're all entitled to our view so good on you. I just don't agree.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X