• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to the future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Comfort Shelters. Keeping you warm through voluntary work.
    A Division of the Placement Opportunities Private Partnership Initiative.
    Maybe "Community Comfort chambers"? You want people to feel its just for them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The tag-line for the "workhouse by another name" could be: Arbeit bedeutet Wärme

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Colquhoun
        Poverty ... is a most necessary and indispensable ingredient in society, without which nations and communities could not exist in a state of civilisation. It is the lot of man – it is the source of wealth, since without poverty there would be no labour, and without labour there could be no riches, no refinement, no comfort, and no benefit to those who may be possessed of wealth
        Not much has changed it seems since 1806.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The tag-line for the "workhouse by another name" could be: Arbeit bedeutet Wärme

You know when you thought that no comedy/satirical writer would write stuff like 2012? Well don't be surprised if something like this comes out of a politician's mouth.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

sadly in poor taste, LM. A government that can't wipe its own Botty with both hands is hardly like a country that manufactured millions of fatal doses of Zyklon B because even the SS couldn't shoot enough Ubermensch for the Fuhrer's liking.

Not of course supporting the current set of Tories who have plumbed new depths and made what is left of Labour look good.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

sadly in poor taste, LM. A government that can't wipe its own Botty with both hands is hardly like a country that manufactured millions of fatal doses of Zyklon B because even the SS couldn't shoot enough Ubermensch for the Fuhrer's liking.

Not of course supporting the current set of Tories who have plumbed new depths and made what is left of Labour look good.
              I wasn't actually suggesting the "work houses" bump people off as I suspect it takes more energy to get the bodies to burn than you'd actually get out of them as a source of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Last time I went there for breakfast (which is cheap & fairly good) there were a few Warty lookalikes starting the day with a pint of Stella though.
                Nowt wrong with a pint to start the day, although I prefer Guinness. Breakfast of champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                  Nowt wrong with a pint to start the day, although I prefer Guinness. Breakfast of champions!
                  no vodka on cornflakes? Breakfast of students with a drinking problem.

Comment

We're hoping to do this in our village church - probably bulk-buy blankets or something to give out as well. A lot of the older streets are Victorian so very poorly insulated. Quite a lot of older people still have coal fires which might be quite handy when there are blackouts and gas rationing.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X