• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plenty of great properties out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's my lesson for the day... I never knew Hannibal Lector did his stuff in Wales.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It might be haunted.
      By that 'logic' so might any house where someone has died, which is probably most houses. Get the stains out, wait a bit for it to fall out of the headlines, get on with it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

By that 'logic' so might any house where someone has died, which is probably most houses. Get the stains out, wait a bit for it to fall out of the headlines, get on with it.
        our current house the little old lady previous owner almost certainly died there.

Where I grew up it was built just before the civil war so chances are plenty died there.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Well that's my lesson for the day... I never knew Hannibal Lector did his stuff in Wales.
          Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins CBE (born 31 December 1937) is a Welsh actor, director,
          Its tough hiring a census taker in that area.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

our current house the little old lady previous owner almost certainly died there.

Where I grew up it was built just before the civil war so chances are plenty died there.
            My Dad died in what originally was my brother's bedroom, then my bedroom and is now the spare bedroom. He's not started haunting the house yet but maybe he's waiting for the funeral to see if he agrees with the arrangements.

My Gran died in her living room but there was no issue selling her little flat. And the person who lived upstairs from her died in their flat.

There's a lot of it about and yet so few ghosts. What gives?
            Last edited by ladymuck; 30 September 2022, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

My Dad died in what originally was my brother's bedroom, then my bedroom and is now the spare bedroom. He's not started haunting the house yet but maybe he's waiting for the funeral to see if he agrees with the arrangements.

My Gran died in her living room but there was no issue selling her little flat. And the person who lived upstairs from her died in their flat.

There's a lot of it about and yet so few ghosts. What gives?
              Rachel died in our house ... she didn't want to be in a hospital or hospice at the end so I cared for her at home. The people who bought the house knew she'd died there and the specific room (a large downstairs room that they turned into the kids playroom). I don't think people are queasy about someone dying in a property as this is quite common.

Something gruesome happening in a property though, I'm guessing that is a little more hard to handle.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Something gruesome happening in a property though, I'm guessing that is a little more hard to handle.
                Yeah I think I posted this a while back, this happened under my flat: https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/co...laying-1529756. It's now a holiday let basement apartment
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'll make a few points here. Firstly a personal post. I am sitting a few yards from where my late wife passed. No ghosts have come out yet. I will walk right past it in a few minutes after writing this post when I visit the loo. Yes sometimes I am drawn to thought and reflection but that's about it. It's not a massive deal.

On a "professional matter" on the hotel side bearing in mind, I am now retired. The guide price seems either about right or a touch high (maybe as much as 10% and this is a guess) compared to what similar welsh stock is asking or winning. Several larger hotels are available not far north of this price point and by the looks of things, these have better opportunities for ROI/room.
                  I'm not sure of what the development landscape in this neck of the woods is like but I bet I could find better investments in Wales for that Guide price.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

The cottage in Wales I wanted to buy 25 years ago and I was put off by threats of the locals is still empty.
                    True story from south Wales about 30 years ago. Bloke I knew, Kevin, from Yorkshire, moved to a village in South Wales. He used to get the silent treatment when he walked into shops, the pub etc, but he noticed this other English bloke who the locals treated like one of their own. So, Kev asks him why and the bloke tells him to make the effort and learn greetings/please/thank you etc in Welsh.

A few days later, Kev has learned some simple phrases and is out walking his dog. He sees a car, up on ramps, with legs sticking out from underneath. He sings a cheery "bore da, diwrnod hyfryd" as he walks past and from under the car, a broad Glasgow accent shouts "F**k off ya Welsh c**t".....
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Yeah I think I posted this a while back, this happened under my flat: https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/co...laying-1529756. It's now a tourist attraction.
                      FTFY
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X