• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Party Conference….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour Party Conference….

Can’t see a thread for it yet.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

It is a real threat…

Comment

The big announcement is the creation of a publically owned energy company, GB Energy. Probably will go down well with the electorate but won't solve any problems. They'll still need to buy gas at extortionate prices. I predict it will end up as a "sticking plaster" playing a very minor role in energy generation but something to point to to make people feel better.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The big announcement is the creation of a publically owned energy company, GB Energy. Probably will go down well with the electorate but won't solve any problems. They'll still need to buy gas at extortionate prices. I predict it will end up as a "sticking plaster" playing a very minor role in energy generation but something to point to to make people feel better.
        Who's going to run it, the unions Angela Raynor Is Kier going to do all the jobs given the paucity of talent

Comment

Energy security is the Governments responsibility though I'm not sure spaffing £8 billion on jobs for the boys is good value.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Who's going to run it, the unions Angela Raynor Is Kier going to do all the jobs given the paucity of talent
            Diane Abbott is in the frame!
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Diane Abbott is in the frame!
              Question for Diane Abbott. Yesterday the pound was 1.03 to the dollar. Today it has fallen a further 1.5%. What is today's rate?
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We've gone from Liz having an opportunity to take a quick win on addressing energy crisis and ensure a Tory GE win in a couple of years, to an absolute peach of an open goal being presented to Keir & co right as they have their conference. They could be in power before Xmas at this rate and frankly I'm starting to think it would be better if they were, like derailing an out of control train before it can crash. They seem to have no idea how to stop things spiralling.

It's pretty amazing anyone could f*** up that badly, that quickly... just how monumental a cock-up this is is hard to comprehend. When your "save the country" budget has the IMF writing to you worried you are about to trigger a global collapse...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

One thing I was interested to note is that Keir is advocating a "points based immigration system". Isn't that the sort of 'racist, xenophobic' idea Labour were vitriolically attacking around Brexit when my FaceBook feed was full of Labour-voting friends re-posting memes about how the NHS relied on immigrants meant that restricting immigration implied hating the NHS?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    One thing I was interested to note is that Keir is advocating a "points based immigration system". Isn't that the sort of 'racist, xenophobic' idea Labour were vitriolically attacking around Brexit when my FaceBook feed was full of Labour-voting friends re-posting memes about how the NHS relied on immigrants meant that restricting immigration implied hating the NHS?
                    Isn't that a question to post to your Facebook feed?

Comment

Working...
                    X