• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

There are other countries. There are still many positives to operating from the UK. I predict you won't move, even when Labour takes over
    Labour may make him feel loved (while robbing him blind)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There are other countries. There are still many positives to operating from the UK. I predict you won't move, even when Labour takes over
      He's still making dirty profits from us hard-working Brits...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post

Interestingly enough, as a nation we are well down the list regarding how much we spend on mismanaging the NHS..

Published by Statista Research Department, Jul 26, 2022

Healthcare spending in the United Kingdom (UK) has gradually increased since 1997 when it amounted to 65 billion British pounds. By 2021, healthcare expenditure in the UK stood at to 276.6 billion British pounds. This was an increase of 19.1 billion British pounds on the previous year's healthcare spending.

Health expenditure in the UK compared to Europe

In 2019, the UK spent just over ten percent of its GDP on healthcare. In comparison to other European countries, this ranked the UK seventh in terms of health expenditure in 2019. Top of the list was Switzerland, which spent 12.1 percent of its’ GDP on healthcare in this year. 

Performance of the NHS in the UK

The majority of surveyed individuals in the UK regard the NHS as a world class health service and remain happy with the high level of care provided by the organization. Although waiting times have been getting worse in the A&E department over the years. The NHS has been falling behind the target that 95 percent of patients should be seen within four hours of arrival. As a result, the primary reasons for dissatisfaction with the NHS among the public are the length of time required to get a GP or hospital appointment and the lack of staff.

So not too shabby amount wise, why is the service so slow? Privatisation?

Sounds like its time to alter the way the NHS interacts with its patients just as many firms have with their customers.

Self serve web apps/kiosks. Most of my interactions are via the nhs app (no more 'lost' perscriptions") and econsult - I get an email with next steps from a medical professional.
        Well person clinics in supermarket car parks. None invasive Scans, routine screening and blood tests taken by low level staff and sent to automated labs.
        Planned use of highly qualified medical resources and better processes. Care assistants feed patients not Nurses etc.

All clear letters go out with if needed a phone call or a delegated to GP response rather face to face appointments. I recently did my colon cancer scan, I was delighted to receive a well constructed all clear letter well within the target time. I also thought I would prefer a prompt phone call to schedule a further test quickly rather than wait months for a follow up.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The energy scheme scaling back kinda makes sense. 2 year commitment spooked the markets, 6 months less so, they could extend after six months but having such a large upfront commitment for two years was unworkable especially when no one really new what it was going to cost in the first place.

As for the rest, it’s all ****ed!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The energy scheme scaling back kinda makes sense. 2 year commitment spooked the markets, 6 months less so, they could extend after six months but having such a large upfront commitment for two years was unworkable especially when no one really new what it was going to cost in the first place.

As for the rest, it’s all ****ed!
            Says our token HMRC insider.. (Congrats btw).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

«It will be means-tested, so that if you have enough money to afford a five or six thousand a year energy bill you will just have to pay it yourself. Help will be concentrated on people who can’t afford to stay warm.»

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ing-come-mess/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  «It will be means-tested, so that if you have enough money to afford a five or six thousand a year energy bill you will just have to pay it yourself. Help will be concentrated on people who can’t afford to stay warm.»

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ing-come-mess/
                  Why don't you stand at the next election? Might I suggest you go against Jess Phillips? Although it would be difficult to decide which of you would be the most useless twunt!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Says our token HMRC insider.. (Congrats btw).
                    whats that 30 pieces of Silver. Good job SM attack them from the inside!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Why don't you stand at the next election?!
                      Many reasons -
                      1) too honest in for that den of thieves
                      2) electoral system is completely rigged
                      3) even if I won it would have made no difference
                      4) have a job that is actually useful for society such as running business that provides employment and tax revenues
                      etc
                      5) country of origin prejudicing any such activities for a 100 years

That’s from top of my head, pretty sure you can come up with 5 more…

Comment

Working...
                      X