• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not anymore because Chunt very clearly said today in Govt speak - “fook all businesses will get it after 6 months”.
    Aw bless. Hunt doesn't know what will be happening in 6 days let alone 6 months.

Borrowing to support energy price intervention is the one thing the markets weren't spooked by in the mini-budget (we know since it was already known about). Borrowing to help the population is acceptable, borrowing to provide big tax cuts is what destabilised everything.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not anymore because Chunt very clearly said today in Govt speak - “fook all businesses will get it after 6 months”.
      You're making it up as you go along. He literally said the opposite of that, namely that it will be targeted. They aren't going to let 90% of village pubs go under, for example. Likewise, Steel and other industries oop Norf. Realistically, it probably won't even be that targeted. The first priority is to make the markets believe it's a complete U-turn and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You're making it up as you go along.
        Anything that isn't directly written to benefit his business is terrible.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Am I denying that? I don't believe I defended any of it.

How easy do you think it would be to do it, given any attempt to discard any bit of the NHS, even the most pointlessly expensive, will result in mindless cries of privatisation and penny pinching.

£157bn a year goes in to the NHS. It's not well spent... The problem transcends knee jerk politics.
          Interestingly enough, as a nation we are well down the list regarding how much we spend on mismanaging the NHS..

Published by Statista Research Department, Jul 26, 2022

Healthcare spending in the United Kingdom (UK) has gradually increased since 1997 when it amounted to 65 billion British pounds. By 2021, healthcare expenditure in the UK stood at to 276.6 billion British pounds. This was an increase of 19.1 billion British pounds on the previous year's healthcare spending.

Health expenditure in the UK compared to Europe

In 2019, the UK spent just over ten percent of its GDP on healthcare. In comparison to other European countries, this ranked the UK seventh in terms of health expenditure in 2019. Top of the list was Switzerland, which spent 12.1 percent of its’ GDP on healthcare in this year. 

Performance of the NHS in the UK

The majority of surveyed individuals in the UK regard the NHS as a world class health service and remain happy with the high level of care provided by the organization. Although waiting times have been getting worse in the A&E department over the years. The NHS has been falling behind the target that 95 percent of patients should be seen within four hours of arrival. As a result, the primary reasons for dissatisfaction with the NHS among the public are the length of time required to get a GP or hospital appointment and the lack of staff.

So not too shabby amount wise, why is the service so slow? Privatisation?

Comment

You're making it up as you go along. He literally said the opposite of that, namely that it will be targeted
            It’s HM Govt that is making it up as they go along - I am trying to keep up understanding what actually will happen because it is clear that these lieing pieces of tulip can’t be Trussted even when they make clear unambiguous statements/promises.

I know what “targeted” benefit in UK Govt speak means - very few will get it, probably those businesses that would have gone bust anyway, where as some of the prudent ones that were run sensibly won’t get jack tulip, as per usual.

Comment

It’s HM Govt that is making it up as they go along - I am trying to keep up understanding what actually will happen because it is clear that these lieing pieces of tulip can’t be Trussted even when they make clear unambiguous statements/promises.

I know what “targeted” benefit in UK Govt speak means - very few will get it, probably those businesses that would have gone bust anyway, where as some of the prudent ones that were run sensibly won’t get jack tulip, as per usual.
              You're right that your business probably won't get helped much, but there does need to be some level of proper market functioning, even when the market is rigged by war. Businesses go bust, that's life. Obviously, when the Tories refactor this business support (as they should), they will have an eye on the headlines too so, yeah, some of the more productive businesses probably won't get the support they need vs. unproductive ones that will. That's life too. Being in business is hard and you're exposed to dysfunctional markets, crap gov't and crap central banks.

Comment

It's started in Parliament.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Being in business is hard and you're exposed to dysfunctional markets, crap gov't and crap central banks.
                  Unacceptable in a high tax / tulip services environment such as the one in the UK.

And let’s not forget - all this happens before Labour takes over and jacks up taxes on businesses even further

Comment

The SNP are so rude.

"Can I ask the leader who does a better u-turn better - the Prime Minister or the leader of the Scottish Tories?"
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Unacceptable in a high tax / tulip services environment such as the one in the UK.

And let’s not forget - all this happens before Labour takes over and jacks up taxes on businesses even further
                      There are other countries. There are still many positives to operating from the UK. I predict you won't move, even when Labour takes over

Comment

Working...
                      X