• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

How would being part of the EU have stopped Kwiz doing these things?
    Didn't say it would ... I was referring to the arguments that we are better off out as we have such a strong and stable government who are totally in control.

In out out they are still totally incompetent. In though, we may not have been in such a cr@p position as our trade wouldn't have been so hit too.

These Tories are totally out of their depth. But they're rich, so what do they care.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Would have never happened if Bliar did the right thing and joined eurozone

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

Okay, so where exactly does the BoE get the money from to purchase the Govt bonds?

From the Statement "To enable the Bank to conduct this financial stability intervention, this operation has been fully indemnified by HM Treasury."

Only last month the BoE was reported expected to be selling c.£40bn bonds to start unwinding QE. So we are now looking at yet more QE, at least in the short term...
        Don't worry, other countries will be in the same boat very soon...even the only one that truly matters ... USA. The Dollar is presently so strong because it's the reserve currency so is seen as the safest currency haven .... but its not safe. The Dollar will begin to go down pretty soon and that's when the fun begins.

Comment

«Told that it sounded like a “wealth tax”, Sir Keir said: “No, it is not really a wealth tax. It is looking at different forms of income, it is stocks and shares and dividends.”»

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...rmer-suggests/

Yeah, that should restorE maket confidence, whilst 17 bln cut remains for main tax rate level

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Didn't say it would ... I was referring to the arguments that we are better off out as we have such a strong and stable government who are totally in control.

In out out they are still totally incompetent. In though, we may not have been in such a cr@p position as our trade wouldn't have been so hit too.

These Tories are totally out of their depth. But they're rich, so what do they care.
            They're not all rich, and being rich doesn't stop you caring about losing power or embarrassing yourself in the public eye.

Current situation reminds me of when someone steps up to be PM in The Apprentice initially looking confident and full of ideas, 5 minutes later they've designed a logo for a children's adventure park that looks like a cock.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Current situation reminds me of when someone steps up to be PM in The Apprentice initially looking confident and full of ideas, 5 minutes later they've designed a logo for a children's adventure park that looks like a cock.
              Didn't know warty was on the apprentice. Let me guess he wants to start a Hair Salon with Lord Sugar?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Didn't know warty was on the apprentice. Let me guess he wants to start a Hair Salon with Lord Sugar?
                You seem to be obsessed with me mate. It's nice you take an interest, but do you have to infect every thread?

Why not just start one thread and keep it all in there .... should keep you happy for a bit
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

How would being part of the EU have stopped Kwiz doing these things?
                  If the vote in 2016 had gone the other way, it's very unlikely the dregs of the Tory party would have risen to the top.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Would have never happened if Bliar had done the right thing and shot Gordon Brown and then himself.

HTH
                    The note left by Liam Byrne after Gordon Brown's less than successful stint as PM wasn't a joke!

Hth.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I personally can't believe they managed to feck it all up this badly with one statement. I mean they have what like 50 financial / economic advisers in the government, so surely they were all against this "mini" feck up. How could you be so stupid to then go ahead anyway and crash the market, then go and hide in some hole for a week? anyone doing this anywhere in a normal job would get sacked immediately and here we are with the effects now most likely propagating into the property market and causing all sorts of feckery, yet those two muppets responsible are still in power.

Comment

Working...
                      X