• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Org Chart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS Org Chart

This is a long shot but do any of my colleagues here have a copy of an organisation chart which shows how the different agencies within the NHS fit together? For example, Improvement, NHS England, Business Services, NHS Distribution authority etc?
    If so is there any chance of getting my little paws on a copy please?
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Doubt it. There is no central organisation as such, all is run by individual trusts with their own structures. That is the whole problem with the NHS; no coordination...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      This is a long shot but do any of my colleagues here have a copy of an organisation chart which shows how the different agencies within the NHS fit together? For example, Improvement, NHS England, Business Services, NHS Distribution authority etc?
      If so is there any chance of getting my little paws on a copy please?
      Well for a start NHSI hasn't existed since 2019
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Well for a start NHSI hasn't existed since 2019
        Ok, so for example whats the link between NHS England, The NHS distribution authority and how is the business services authority linked to any of those? This must be documented somewhere? is NHSX part of the "malden Rushett NHS trust" for example? im after high level not hospital trusts.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Ok, so for example whats the link between NHS England, The NHS distribution authority and how is the business services authority linked to any of those? This must be documented somewhere? is NHSX part of the "malden Rushett NHS trust" for example? im after high level not hospital trusts.
          But that's the point. The Trusts all have their own relationship with, for example, the central supply group, who are mostly concerned with standards, not supply. Each trust buys their own materiel through their own (often contradictory) procurement processes. They would save untold millions if they worked as one, but that is beyond their understanding. And that in turn would compromise their own target reporting; working with another trust producing worse numbers than you do does nothing for your performance figures.

It's the same with recruiting, drug procurement, capital equipment, reusables and clicnical disposables. Services sucj as buildng and HVAC are slightly different, but they are mostly paid out of long term and hugely expensive PFIs.

Always remember, the NHS is a myth. We have dozens of them.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

when I worked for NHS CFH (NHSIA as was) we called it "500 warring tribes"
            and the most important part of the NHS at the time was the Prescription Payment Authority. They paid most of the bills.

you're never going to get an org chart.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Can't be much different to Obama care can it? Pretty impressive bit of laying out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	obamacare-chart-1024x797.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	4231449
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Can't be much different to Obama care can it? Pretty impressive bit of laying out.

Name:	obamacare-chart-1024x797.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	4231449
                Visio must have gone into meltdown with that.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They are all arms lengths bodoes of the DHSC, as your complaint is against NHSBSA I would start looking at their statutory instratuments

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/our-polici...ance-framework
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You know this is General right?
                    Here is how its planned

Name:	62452-8cc8f9ae-5f72-4dcb-a885-a689fe353885.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	4231463
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X