• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Rib Eye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What's the point of that pie?

Are they aware you can pies with vegetables in it without fake meat?
    There is a need for "fake meat" to convert the masses. However, I doubt there's a more efficient way of converting vegetation to protein than a bovine.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

There is a need for "fake meat" to convert the masses. However, I doubt there's a more efficient way of converting vegetation to protein than a bovine.
      The better way would be to cook up some tasty vegetarian food which does exist in other cultures.

This is like wot I doz

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have gotten into bubble tea lately.

Have you no shame? Actually, don't answer that.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Think yourself lucky, the World Economic Forum wants meat consumption to be “an occasional treat” only to be eaten on special occasions.

Instead it wants to encourage insect consumption instead of meat.

I've tried locusts and mealy worms. Both very tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I've tried locusts and mealy worms. Both very tasty.
            You might want to try upsetting your wife a little less frequently...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

You might want to try upsetting your wife a little less frequently...
              She's from a part of the world where these things are eaten regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What's the point of that pie?

Are they aware you can pies with vegetables in it without fake meat?
                Do vegetables have any similarity in appearance, texture or flavour to meat? Quorn is foul muck IMO but the whole "if they don't want to eat meat they should eat vegetables" argument is deliberately over-simplistic.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I've stopped eating beef almost completely. Pork...I'm not ready yet to give it up.

Comment

Why isn't sheep on that list?

So cows are particularly bad due to the amount of farting they do, right? Could we conceivably genetically engineer less trumpy cows, or create something that prevents them farting so much - Yakult for cows?! Crazy enough to be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

I've stopped eating beef almost completely. Pork...I'm not ready yet to give it up.
                      At this rate we might be back to the days of keeping a pig in the back yard as a source of cheap food.

Comment

Working...
                      X