• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The Sainsbury's on the high street, or the one out a Burpham?
    Burpham I was coming down the A3.

ALDi was fine but didn't have any decent pot plants.

Yep £10 for an Orchid. £3.99 in Lidl which I had forgotten were selling them this week.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Only 3 of us at art group yesterday. Everyone else copped out.
      I went by the barbers at the end of my road this morning before they opened.

They had a sign in the window saying "Not working today. Too hot"

Thing is they wouldn't have had any customers anyway as the street was like
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I went by the barbers at the end of my road this morning before they opened.

They had a sign in the window saying "Not working today. Too hot"

Thing is they wouldn't have had any customers anyway as the street was like
        But this way they possibly didn't have to pay any staff
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We had a red weather warning for storms. The temperature here dropped from 34°C to 26°C in about 30 minutes. Accompanied by gale force winds, golf-ball sized hail, driving rain and thunder and lightning. Minor damage to cars that were outside - dimples in the bodywork. I've seen worse hail damage. Many trees down in the local woods.

Quite pleasant now.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

But this way they possibly didn't have to pay any staff
            Actually that's not true. If they are staff and sent home for H&S reasons then they have to be paid.

However I know lots of people in that industry hire chairs/rooms. So if they don't work they don't earn.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Record temperature of 40c was recorded at RAF Coningsby where the weather station is situated on a flat tarmac roof. Yet the press were showing photos of the seaside claiming people were basking on the beach at 40c when it was just touching 30c
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Actually that's not true. If they are staff and sent home for H&S reasons then they have to be paid.
                Staff yes but shift-work/ZHC would be very common. As you say the "rent a chair" model is common too so that might be more complex... but quite likely all concerned were in agreement anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Record temperature of 40c was recorded at RAF Coningsby where the weather station is situated on a flat tarmac roof. Yet the press were showing photos of the seaside claiming people were basking on the beach at 40c when it was just touching 30c
                  39-40 was reported in several places. The people installing and verifying weather monitoring stations are not idiots. Huge parts of the country had temperatures in the mid-30s.
                  I just checked and Hartlepool reached 37C as did Worthing... probably other coastal locations I got bored.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

39-40 was reported in several places. The people installing and verifying weather monitoring stations are not idiots. Huge parts of the country had temperatures in the mid-30s.
                    I just checked and Hartlepool reached 37C as did Worthing... probably other coastal locations I got bored.
                    Again it depends where the weather station is located; for example in Bournemouth it is located at the Bournemouth (Hurn) Airport not on the beach.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I have a temp/humidity sensor thing 8 quid from Amazon.

In the direct sunlight it was showing 46 degrees C!

However in the shade it settled at 38.5C

Raining today, crappy British Summer!

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X