• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax the childless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

I know that was tongue in cheek, but the UK needs a much younger population to help support the top-heavy age pyramid we currently have. So more children - within reason - would be a good thing. Euthanasia or a major uncontrolled pandemic are alternative options.....
    No it wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Initially, surrogacy could become a well-paid, high status job with the most desirable males being regularly milked and the output inseminated into highly desirable females. They would then be given the best medical care and housed in luxury. The children would either be bred to order or just put on the wholesale market.

Ultimately, the process would become automated and I can see that we would move away from human hosts for the foetus and put the fertilised eggs into Matrix-style pods stacked in shops where prospective parents can pay a fee take away the baby of their choosing to "birth" at home when it's ready.
      why we just send Angelina Jolie over to Africa to pick a few up?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

why we just send Angelina Jolie over to Africa to pick a few up?
        But then you can't get one with the eye colour of your choice....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But then you can't get one with the eye colour of your choice....
          Coloured contact lenses?

Comment

Oh the ironing - there is a thread about a famous person who was trafficked as a child, and we are talking about trafficking more children so Westerns don't have to give birth...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Oh the ironing - there is a thread about a famous person who was trafficked as a child, and we are talking about trafficking more children so Westerns don't have to give birth...
              It was intended to highlight the irony of designer babies and the way we rape those countries less fortunate.

Unlike some here I don't want to import cheap staff to wipe old people's arses. Though there are plenty here to wipe covered in big jobbies!

Not one of you has said lets fix the reasons for asylum seeking? David Cameron said that a decade ago, provide camps close to the conflict but in neighbouring countries guarded by the UN. Process Asylum there as appropriate, share the talent among the rest of the world.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

yep and with more than one woman.. they weren't even married.
                Oooh, get you. Do you have a list in a notebook? Good on ya
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It was intended to highlight the irony of designer babies and the way we rape those countries less fortunate.

Unlike some here I don't want to import cheap staff to wipe old people's arses. Though there are plenty here to wipe covered in big jobbies!

Not one of you has said lets fix the reasons for asylum seeking? David Cameron said that a decade ago, provide camps close to the conflict but in neighbouring countries guarded by the UN. Process Asylum there as appropriate, share the talent among the rest of the world.
                  So, a thread about taxing people who don't have kids has turned into another rant from you about fixing asylum seeking.

If you don't want to import cheap labour, how much would you, personally, pay for your care?

And if you want to deter immigration, then you'll need to educate potential immigrants (so that they have other languages apart from their own and English) and then make sure that we're not involved in making them want to flee their native land because of war, etc.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    .. high status .. with the most desirable males being regularly milked <snip>
                    Someone mention me?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Someone mention me?
                      You had a dream?

Comment

Working...
                      X