• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He's so boring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Worked for one Co. who, every Friday afternoon, had a 'wine and cheese' afternoon.
    During lockdown?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      During lockdown?
      I could drink in front of my laptop while working remotely...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I could drink in front of my laptop while working remotely...
        Strange you could work remotely but Keir had to travel up here and have so-many in-person meetings they all needed curry and beer.

But silliness aside, I've genuinely (not for argument) forgotten what the meeting was - Durham city is a staunch Labour seat but our MP is a pretty insignificant backbencher and Keir is actually not so popular here - a very pro-Corbyn area with all the unions and mining background. Was it discussing how to win back the seats that were shock Tory victories in the GE?

Comment

During lockdown?
          No

But was lockdown the issue? If it was ok for them to be together in a work meeting, then why would refreshments in that meeting be an issue (whether a 7 up, or a beer?). Big difference between Bojo's parties and a meeting with refreshments.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

No

But was lockdown the issue? If it was ok for them to be together in a work meeting, then why would refreshments in that meeting be an issue (whether a 7 up, or a beer?). Big difference between Bojo's parties and a meeting with refreshments.
            So it wasn't OK for a bunch of government people who all worked in the same place to have leaving drinks in between meetings, but it was ok to travel to meet people you don't normally see for some meetings, and break for drinks in between?

Different levels yes but all murky nonetheless. Remember that before Boris was found to have breached the law on one occasion, Keir was saying he should resign for being at any of them on principle. But as soon as Keir escaped a fixed penalty, the only thing which mattered was if he had technically infringed the law. All the cases where Boris was investigated and found innocent, Keir still maintains are causes for his resignation.

Comment

So it wasn't OK for a bunch of government people who all worked in the same place to have leaving drinks in between meetings, but it was ok to travel to meet people you don't normally see for some meetings, and break for drinks in between?

Different levels yes but all murky nonetheless. Remember that before Boris was found to have breached the law on one occasion, Keir was saying he should resign for being at any of them on principle. But as soon as Keir escaped a fixed penalty, the only thing which mattered was if he had technically infringed the law. All the cases where Boris was investigated and found innocent, Keir still maintains are causes for his resignation.
              Do you really think a former director of public prosecutions wouldn't understand the law and rules?

Oh and the only murky things are how the photographs got into the press, and how Durham police were harassed to waste money and time doing two investigations.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Do you really think a former director of public prosecutions wouldn't understand the law and rules?

Oh and the only murky things are how the photographs got into the press, and how Durham police were harassed to waste money and time doing two investigations.
                Two students saw a meeting that appeared o break the rules, wee intelligent enough to realise it was Starmer, had a smartphone and realised the fourth estate would probably buy the photos. Not much of a conspiracy. More like damned good sense afaic...

As for Durham police, they were asked to do so by the Tories in the light of the Bojo conviction and guided by the local commissioner. Who happens to be a Labour mayor (who, incidentally, seems to have created the role for a deputy commissioner for one of her friends...). So clearly no bias there.

As with all modern politics, it stinks - but what's new.,
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Understand yes, follow - well not necessarily. He'd also know exactly how to argue his way out. The police's job was to see if he broke the law, not followed the rules/guidelines. Again, which is the point you've avoided - Starmer made his whole position that Boris had to go for not following the guidance long before the police decided to get involved, but when it was his turn all that mattered was "following the law". Lots of the covid rules were never law.

Nothing murky about someone taking photos of a window in clear view.
                  Why is it a waste of time to do an investigation that proves someone innocent? They certainly had reasonable suspicion to investigate which they did and determined nothing illegal went on. Which seems the right way to work, given that retrospective covid breaches are now a thing.

Comment

You can't really blame them, it's their job

Comment

Nothing murky about it at all, when you find out who one of the "students" was (former Etonian, written for the Spectator, father is a writer for Briebart, good friends of BloJo), who gave the photo to Lozza Fox.

This eventually caused the incident to be investigated a second time.
                      So, two investigations into one incident, no fines, but it's still considered that it needs to be investigated more and more until a different result is achieved.
                      One police investigation into the multiple parties at downing street, several fines issued, several parties not investigated, and we're told we have to move on.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X