• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any plans this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If it's important, and you are accident prone, then have a second phone as a backup. Otherwise, what would be your suggestion for a paper printout solution equivalent of your boarding pass?

What is your backup plan for if you break the computer you use to do your work on?
    This is the responsibility of the technology companies to make these services accessible and to not have this dependency on a working mobile device.

But for a suggestion perhaps yes, they could have in a web version of google authenticator with a back up method of operation where it is required to go into your security settings and configure some security questions and answeres that it would make it secure to generate a code from in the web view.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post

This is the responsibility of the technology companies to make these services accessible and to not have this dependency on a working mobile device.

But for a suggestion perhaps yes, they could have in a web version of google authenticator with a back up method of operation where it is required to go into your security settings and configure some security questions and answeres that it would make it secure to generate a code from in the web view.
      The whole point of 2FA on a mobile device is that your know a particular person has access to an authorised device...

A website accessible from anywhere does not provide anything like the same level of security....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The whole point of 2FA on a mobile device is that your know a particular person has access to an authorised device...

A website accessible from anywhere does not provide anything like the same level of security....
        Does the 2FA i have to be assocaited with a telephone number of a person - that is to say, must the device have SIM card? Because I also have ipad. Perhaps I can set it to work on there.

Comment

Does the 2FA i have to be assocaited with a telephone number of a person - that is to say, must the device have SIM card? Because I also have ipad. Perhaps I can set it to work on there.
          Microsoft do a 2fa authenticator app for Android and IOS. Not as convenient as the phone.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I nearly reported a bug because I thought somehow a thread in Technical had become merged with a thread in General.

Comment

With this MFA that doesn't seem to be an option and I don't find this acceptable.
              Life ain't fair. tulip happens. Etc.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But you have a responsibility to not break your kit. If you do there is a slight interruprtion of a day (or less) to get new kit. You are really making a mountain out of a mole hill. You could have gone down the shop and been up and running in less time than you've spent moaning on here.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But you have a responsibility to not break your kit. If you do there is a slight interruprtion of a day (or less) to get new kit. You are really making a mountain out of a mole hill. You could have gone down the shop and been up and running in less time than you've spent moaning on here.
                  or just take the old phone out of the drawer for us hoarders.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

or just take the old phone out of the drawer for us hoarders.
                    I discovered a boxed Pixel 3a when clearing out my drawers the other day.

I had wondered what I'd done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I discovered a boxed Pixel 3a when clearing out my drawers the other day.

I had wondered what I'd done with it.
                      not just me then!

Comment

Working...
                      X