• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weeeekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    Bank holiday weekend so ramping up efforts to stay out of A&E.
    Maybe this is normal practice these days but I was rather taken aback to hear our local hospital now has bouncers - in body armour - on A&E Friday nights. I'm more terrified of A&E than most injuries that are likely to take me there. Can one not pay for VIP lounge access?!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      TFA

Yesterday we went out for dinner to celebrate a year of living in the new place. Gardening today/tomorrow, hopefully digging out another tree stump in between watching the blackbirds fledge, party on Saturday night a few miles away, and that will be it.
      Three tree stumps out, two chain saws sharpened and one blunted again. Three wheelbarrow loads of soil to fill in the holes.

By Saturday I was starting to tackle one of the big stumps, which probably needs a digger to get out, but I've decided to start by hand. I've also found the foundations of an old outbuilding about half way down the garden, and a path, conveniently located close to where I want to put in a retaining wall to level off part of the lawn.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Are you not tempted to just get someone in with a big grinder? We had one recently, great fun

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Are you not tempted to just get someone in with a big grinder? We had one recently, great fun
          I'd considered it, in fact the one stump I originally wanted rid of, we still might get it ground out.
          The others started out as being stumps I've only found when cutting the grass, where the trees were taken down by the previous owners at ground level, but no lower. As the ground has dried and compacted down, the stumps were sitting proud.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The other fun thing I've seen is setting a fire on top or even turning the stump into its own self-fuelled furnace. Can burn for days if you get it going. I've got a large willow stump to do and am tempted to make it the centre of my burn site.

Comment

A great weekend, Britain at its best. So many memories were made over those four days.

Standout moment for me was sitting outside of a canal side pub near Crick and a figure on a passing boat climbed onto the roof of the boat and yelled "God bless Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second" & the drunken roar that went up from the assembled drinkers was deafening. Priceless

Comment

Maybe this is normal practice these days but I was rather taken aback to hear our local hospital now has bouncers - in body armour - on A&E Friday nights. I'm more terrified of A&E than most injuries that are likely to take me there. Can one not pay for VIP lounge access?!
                A&E is scary with drunk & Irate customers, sounds like a good move.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by A Tablecloth View Post
                  A great weekend, Britain at its best. So many memories were made over those four days.

Standout moment for me was sitting outside of a canal side pub near Crick and a figure on a passing boat climbed onto the roof of the boat and yelled "God bless Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second" & the drunken roar that went up from the assembled drinkers was deafening. Priceless
                  You stink of Gricer.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You stink of Gricer.
                    "Grice-Odour"?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mine dosen't have bouncers but security make regular patrols and the police seem to be regular visitors. Back in 2019 some chap came into the cuible i was in closely followed by the psych team and threatened to murder me with a bible he was carrying.
                      A&E on a weekend is not a place I want to be, but with my health the way it is, sometimes a visit is unavoidable. Top tip if you need A&E of a weekend try and get taken in by ambulance.
                      Former IPSE member
                      My Website

Comment

Working...
                      X