• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regrets/mistakes/bad decisions in life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrets/mistakes/bad decisions in life?

1. Marrying a woman who wasn't interested in sex, although I do realise it could be me who turned her off. (Interestingly, my sister also married someone who didn't want sex. She did manage to get pregnant though. Perhaps something repellent runs in our family.)
    2. Using a contractor tax avoidance scheme. Then compounding the blunder by not settling quickly and moving on with life. (Health warning: avoiding tax can screw with your head as well as your bank account.)
    3. Deciding to actively "manage" (aka gamble) my pension pot. Perhaps I was subconsciously seeking thrills that I wasn't getting in the bedroom.

Reading this thread.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

1. Not seeking any sort of careers advice.

I earn a reasonable amount but I fell into software development rather than aspired to be a software developer and my heart isn't really in it.

In retrospect I wish I had studied to enter medicine, law or marine engineering.

2. Staying in a comfortable job for 9 years. Within two years of leaving I had trebled what I was earning.

Comment

Wasting two years of my life in uni.

Not doing a Dexter on the Disector of Human Remains at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde.

Can't be that difficult to rent an industrial woodchipper.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not buying bitcoin.
          Buying bitcoin.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We divorced a few years ago after being together 23 years. In the latter years we actually became much more sexually compatible. Neither of us were interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
              We divorced a few years ago after being together 23 years. In the latter years we actually became much more sexually compatible. Neither of us were interested.
              Neither are we

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

4. Posting your life's woes on an internet forum where no one cares.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  4. Posting your life's woes on an internet forum where no one cares.
                  I thought that was the whole point of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post

I thought that was the whole point of the internet.
                    Yeah you've either got to bleat about how bad your life is or present the "my life is awesome, suckers" version instead. No half measures.

Comment

Working...
                    X