• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regrets/mistakes/bad decisions in life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
    We divorced a few years ago after being together 23 years. In the latter years we actually became much more sexually compatible. Neither of us were interested.
    Masturbation?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I wish I'd had more kids and started a family sooner. Being a father is hard work but the most rewarding thing I've ever done, plus they are turning out to be good kids.

Comment

I think if you make it to middle age and you dont have any regrets you've done something wrong. I look back on certain things and still cringe with regret. But at the same time mistakes happen and sometimes these things either make you or break you.

That being said if I had a time machine I'd use it for a few decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          I think if you make it to middle age and you dont have any regrets you've done something wrong. I look back on certain things and still cringe with regret. But at the same time mistakes happen and sometimes these things either make you or break you.

That being said if I had a time machine I'd use it for a few decisions.
          In which case you have had the same normal life and reflection about regrets that most of us have. My biggest regret is that I have been an empathist when in fact I should have put myself first. However, I learn from the past but don't live in the past.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Some time ago one of my wife's friends bought a Rolf Harris painting for several thousand pounds.

Comment

I wish I had absorbed more of the Essex wideboy wheeler dealer business acumen which is part of my birthright.

Comment

Reflections on past decisions in hindsight are not really the same as regrets, in my view. I have some of the former but few of the latter.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

In which case you have had the same normal life and reflection about regrets that most of us have. My biggest regret is that I have been an empathist when in fact I should have put myself first. However, I learn from the past but don't live in the past.
                So you regret not being more of a selfish git?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't really have any regrets. Disappointments, maybe, but if I had done some things differently or made different decisions would I be the person I am today?

Comment

I don't regret anything; but, with hindsight:

I should have left school at 16 instead of faffing on for another couple of years and then wasting my time at college.
                    I should have been less trusting of financial "experts" in the 80's and 90's.
                    I shouldn't have married my first two wives.

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I don't really have any regrets. Disappointments, maybe, but if I had done some things differently or made different decisions would I be the person I am today?
                      Einstein worked hard to gain the Nobel Prize so that he could pay to divorce his wife Mileva. Had he been happy with Mileva, there may not have been the E=Mc2 equation.

Comment

Working...
                      X