• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partygate (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Nope, that was his "9 minute" birthday party, a different one. The Met is pretty hopeless. Not that it really matters, because it's mainly politics now and it looks like he lied to Parliament, which puts him in an untenable position. He may be a greased piglet, but there ain't a plausible explanation for that photo. "Look at this glass of Bolli I am holding aloft, how DARE these be at this work meeting event scenario!"
    But when challenged "you knew you were breaking the rules" he will say "in retrospect, but at the time I thought this was allowed". Or "the police have cleared me of breaking the rules".
    Just get the damn Sue Gray thing out so we can have it out properly and reach a conclusion.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

But when challenged "you knew you were breaking the rules" he will say "in retrospect, but at the time I thought this was allowed". Or "the police have cleared me of breaking the rules".
      Just get the damn Sue Gray thing out so we can have it out properly and reach a conclusion.
      No, he said in Parliament that he attended no parties. This is a picture of him at a party a few days before declaring those words in Parliament. This isn't about a nuanced or evolving interpretation of the rules and there is really no room to make it about that. All except the Boris fanboys/girls (including those in Parliament) will obviously see through it - it was never really about the Police/criminality.

Comment

I like the links in this - https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/pm-fresh-...accused-lying/

Catherine West Labour MP for Hornsey and Wood Green “Can the prime minister tell the House whether there was a party in Downing Street on 13 November?"
        Speaker "Prime Minister"
        Boris Johnson, Prime Minister “Mr Speaker...No, but I’m sure whatever happened the guidance... and the rules were followed at all times”
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Grant Shapps is blaming Senior Civil Servants for Boris Johnson being at the party on 13 November.

Seems Boris Johnson isn't adult enough to know what the rules his government put in place were.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am so bored of this. The radio when <click> the Today programme started devoting yet more airtime to it.

Yeah, everyone screwed up. They all behaved terribly, fines have been issued. Can we get on with more pressing, current issues now, please?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I am so bored of this. The radio when the Today programme started devoting yet more airtime to it.

Yeah, everyone screwed up. They all behaved terribly, fines have been issued. Can we get on with more pressing, current issues now, please?
              What about the thousands of people who were forced to hold funerals for family members and were allowed fewer attendees than that non-party had ? What about the thousands of people in care homes who were not allowed visits ? You think it's fine for a handful of hooray henrys to just laugh that off and say 'oh dear, we behaved terribly, but lets all forget it cause Boris is fixing the economy now and we've all forgotten about anything that happened before' ? F**k off.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I am so bored of this. The radio when the Today programme started devoting yet more airtime to it.

Well the PM specifically said he wanted everyone to wait until the full report came out so no not really. He's been delaying proper discussion on the issue.

Comment

There is a difference between organising a party and sticking your head through a door at a party to say goodbye to a long serving colleague.

Boris has been fined for being in the same room as an untouched cake for ten minutes. Now they are trying to do the same for standing in a doorway where a cake may have been present.

This is just Cummings trying to be relevant, yet again. I doubt Boris lied deliberately, he just said what he thought was the case at the time. He may well have been wrong in his understanding, but that is a distance removed from lying to deceive.

And we've all known for years he's economical with the truth, but that didn't stop him getting an 80 seat majority.

Westminster needs to get it collective head out of its arse and focus on something a little more relevant.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

What about the thousands of people who were forced to hold funerals for family members and were allowed fewer attendees than that non-party had ? What about the thousands of people in care homes who were not allowed visits ? You think it's fine for a handful of hooray henrys to just laugh that off and say 'oh dear, we behaved terribly, but lets all forget it cause Boris is fixing the economy now and we've all forgotten about anything that happened before' ? F**k off.
                    No I don't think it's fine but you can't change what happened and nit-picking over every aspect doesn't move anything forward. I was fortunate in that my grandmother died a month before the first lockdown but I know people who did have to go through the crap of not being able to have a proper funeral gathering, couldn't visit people in hospital or care homes and they're not frothing at the mouth over what went on in Downing Street. They did the best they could at the time and have moved on to worrying about how they're going to pay for day to day basics.

I'm annoyed, yes, but I've heard enough and hearing the same thing repeated ad nauseam is helping no-one. I couldn't care less if Boris stayed in post or not as we'll only be swapping one incompetent idiot for another and, if that's what you're hoping for, then I am sure you'll be supremely happy with the quality and ability of his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Not that I disagree with your main point but we didn't block visitors to care homes as a punishment. You didn't stay away from Granny because "Boris forced you" but because you didn't want to kill her, regardless if your neighbours were having illicit parties or whatever.

These photos show us nothing more than we already knew took place. Let's get the report and have this out once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X