• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partygate (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrie broke the law as well. She gets a fixed penalty notice
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Think of all the things Boris has done that didn't stop him becoming PM. We might find all the other contenders are in the same situation anyway!
      I don't think Truss or Wallace broke the law.

Comment

If Rishi resigns, that will put Boris in a very tough spot...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          It'll make his wife's non-dom status "I might want to return to my homeland" seem a lot more defensible though
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It'll make his wife's non-dom status "I might want to return to my homeland" seem a lot more defensible though
            That's why him and his wife should have kept their mouths firmly shut when her status was known and the story blew up.

Comment

Yep. This is the chance for Rishi to make his final power move: resign, and state that his position as a minister is untenable due to having broken the law. He might just do it, as well, since it's pretty obvious he wants to go anyway, and will almost certainly leave politics at the next GE (if not before) since it is now clear that he is never going to be PM. Should be good for the LOLs in these dark times.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Yep. This is the chance for Rishi to make his final power move: resign, and state that his position as a minister is untenable due to having broken the law. He might just do it, as well, since it's pretty obvious he wants to go anyway, and will almost certainly leave politics at the next GE (if not before) since it is now clear that he is never going to be PM. Should be good for the LOLs in these dark times.
                Unless he wants to get his family out of the spotlight I expect a big apology and just wait for it to blow over. Which it will. We've kind of done this to death over the last 6 months. Hard to sustain the story for long.

I wonder if Rishi knew this was coming and wanted to get the non-dom stuff out at the same time.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A potentially ominous silence from Rishi, so far. He's going to do it, isn't he?

Comment

A potentially ominous silence from Rishi, so far. He's going to do it, isn't he?
                    You know, he just might! I guess it really comes down to just how much he hates BJ, and I am guessing that is "quite a lot".

Comment

Boris isn't going anywhere, with Biden senile , BJ is currently defacto leader of the free world

Comment

Working...
                      X