• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday to Monday perm to contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Very probably.

Plus the electronics stores has been dismantled & strewn across the back of the lab, so good luck to anyone that wants a resistor or two.

It's good to see 14 years of work destroyed.

Almost as satisfying as seeing 10 years of ATE programming endeavours ending up in a skip in a previous life. .

I have no fecking clue what plan the Great and the Good in Carmarthen have for Swansea, since it all seems pretty senseless to me.

I think it's an experiment to see if you really can squeeze a gallon into a pint pot and then piss in it too.

Meanwhile the religious twaddle in Lampeter seems to go from strength to strength, which might be explained by the DD of the great panjandrum himself.

Good morning DrS! It's always good to see you in fine fettle

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Very probably.

Plus the electronics stores has been dismantled & strewn across the back of the lab, so good luck to anyone that wants a resistor or two.

It's good to see 14 years of work destroyed.

Almost as satisfying as seeing 10 years of ATE programming endeavours ending up in a skip in a previous life. .

I have no fecking clue what plan the Great and the Good in Carmarthen have for Swansea, since it all seems pretty senseless to me.

I think it's an experiment to see if you really can squeeze a gallon into a pint pot and then piss in it too.

Meanwhile the religious twaddle in Lampeter seems to go from strength to strength, which might be explained by the DD of the great panjandrum himself.
      All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
        Aye, all those 80 column punched cards for one system and the paper tape (actually mylar to stop it tearing) for another.

Sic transit gloria Monday. Or something.

Oddly enough there's a couple of Hazeltine 2000 data terminals and no less than 4 8" floppy diskette drives in the shed.

Not to mention the Z80H card that lets a PC pretend to be an Intel MDS II Blue Box.

WTF I've kept all this junk for is beyond me. .
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          How far apart does the Friday and Monday have to be for one to be safe?

I left a subsidiary of clientCo's parent company in 2004 and returned as a contractor in 2020. They still had an account in my name on the system.

Am I at risk of being considered one of those hated Friday to Monday tax dodging types? Should I just lube up and accept my fate?
          The actual problem is that you finished on a Friday and started on a Monday.

To really throw HMRC you need to finish on the Thursday and start on a Wednesday...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The actual problem is that you finished on a Friday and started on a Monday.

To really throw HMRC you need to finish on the Thursday and start on a Wednesday...
            Or just train Boris in IT then you don't really exist!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X