• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You thought the Government were bad...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was months ago.

It says a lot for the met and the police "service" in general that there is nobody out there capable of replacing a totally out of her depth incumbent.

They did look at an Aussie but he got quarantined...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

It says a lot for the met and the police "service" in general that there is nobody out there capable of replacing a totally out of her depth incumbent.
      The same applies to our government, so we should not be surprised that it is not be any different for the Met.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You seem to want to be treated like a child, so I'm going to pat you on the head and say "yes, darling".

But speaking to you as an adult,
        nemo tumōrōsus
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

The same applies to our government, so we should not be surprised that it is not be any different for the Met.
          Why? Politicians are skilled in one thing - getting elected. Competency, job knowledge or expertise in any area are not requirements.

We - or at least, most thinking people - rather expect our policemen to have rather more detailed training for the job they are paid to do. When the Met's most senior officer is concerned about "prejudicing" a summary infraction, it's clear they don't count knowledge of the law too highly. Nor common sense, come to that.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Oddly this appeared in my time line.

So there was no-one available to replace her in time.

However they are now looking for her replacement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60229473.amp

There was tension between the home secretary and Downing Street over whether to try to recruit a successor for Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick in the wake of the controversy over the Sarah Everard case, multiple sources have told the BBC.
            Priti Patel and No 10 both had concerns about leadership at the Met, and discussed whether or not to try to find a new commissioner.

There was widespread anger over the force's handling of the case and the treatment of female protestors holding a vigil for Ms Everard, who was killed by a former Met officer Wayne Couzens.

But it's understood that both Ms Patel and Boris Johnson were unenthusiastic about the likely internal candidate, senior Met officer Neil Basu, who had previously criticised the PM's comments and was seen in No 10 as "too political", sources say.

However, the home secretary did consider going through the recruitment process where a civil service panel interviews candidates, before recommending the candidate to her.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why won't anyone tell us, does Dame Cressida Dick or not?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                She doesn't "do" she "is"...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

nemo tumōrōsus
                  Google translates as : no swelling

James Brown doesn't cause you to swell? I'm sure he is pleased about that!

I'm guessing it means no bruising so the hit didn't land?

My mind went to this:

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Google translates as : no swelling

James Brown doesn't cause you to swell? I'm sure he is pleased about that!

I'm guessing it means no bruising so the hit didn't land?

My mind went to this:

Sorry V, nice try, but no banana.

tumōrōsus (adj) = swollen, inflated, bloated
                    nemo = no one, nobody
                    and actually is a contraction of the old Latin ne hemō (“no man”), hey, look no apostrophe, how did they manage?

So in the context of the above means a "bloated nobody".
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      She ticked two diversity boxes, can you guess which ones?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X