• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Boris eat his cake and still have it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

inews is the old i, run by the Daily Mail group and using the same 'journalists' that update the Daily Mail website. If you want an impartial update as to the goings on in Downing Street, inews is not the best go to source. I'm just mentioning this in the event you didn't know it was DMG owned and run.
    I heard the story on the radio and it was the first free link I Googled.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      It's been made clear it's factually wrong, there's no argument.

And the analogy is poor. This is like saying Boris should resign because there were covid breaches in regional conservative offices outside London which he had no direct links with, rather than that he should resign because there were breaches in his daily workplace, breaches involving his closest co-workers (ministers) and his family, breaches organised by his personal secretary, breaches in his garden, breaches in his personal dwelling.

It's just a dumb one-liner that went badly. Not sure where and why it came from or what he hoped to gain from it.
      I thoight I just answered that.

Yes it was dumb and inaccurate. It was not, however, irrelevant.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        I thoight I just answered that.
        You thought wrong. I already explained why...

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60253231
          Four senior aides to Boris Johnson have resigned from Downing Street within hours of each other amid growing pressure on the prime minister.
          4 aides now resigned... is this the rats deserting the sinking ship?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Better for your continuing career in the civil service to resign before you get sacked for breaking the law. These are not politicians after all....
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No it's the rats leaping off the deck before "Big Dog" drop kicks them off, not that either form of their departure will do him much good.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has gone, voluntarily or otherwise, by the end of this month.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

5 aides now resigned.

But back to the title of the thread, and we'll go from cake to Pie...
                https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/o...y-scandal.html
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X