• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Boris eat his cake and still have it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Boris eat his cake and still have it?

Have his "job" that is
    Yes, this teflon barsteward will get away with it, again
    50.00%
    No, a mighty contenter will unseat his fat arse for the good of the country
    16.67%
    It all hinges on witness statement from andyW's mum who was there at the time in this bedroom
    33.33%

For the moment. Next election? Nah.

Gone before the end of the year, I reckon, probably after the May local elections.

He's lucky there isn't an obvious alternative (Sunak is the front runner, but he's a bit personality free, a sort of Phil Hammond with a wafer thin mint's worth of extra charisma).

Comment

The papers are blaming Sunak for the NI rise.

So the Tories will have to look further a field for contenders.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	afdabdfb-de55-452b-b000-43e4d45f1094-4651300a-f8b9-42c8-b413-24bfa3fbde0e.png
Views:	251
Size:	820.5 KB
ID:	4202636
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm getting the feeling that he will survive for now. There's really only so much you can do when someone simply refuses to resign, and they don't have a decent alternative in place in any case. The likeliest contenders would probably rather wait and let BJ take the heat for tax rises, Brexit disasters and everything else coming down the track this year. As someone who wants the Tories out, I guess him staying isn't the worst thing (for that - it's pretty bad for the country). My dream outcome would be that he hangs on until the next GE, and Cummins has saved the best til last - which he drops 3 days before the election.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
            I'm getting the feeling that he will survive for now. There's really only so much you can do when someone simply refuses to resign, and they don't have a decent alternative in place in any case. The likeliest contenders would probably rather wait and let BJ take the heat for tax rises, Brexit disasters and everything else coming down the track this year. As someone who wants the Tories out, I guess him staying isn't the worst thing (for that - it's pretty bad for the country). My dream outcome would be that he hangs on until the next GE, and Cummins has saved the best til last - which he drops 3 days before the election.

He needs to drop the evil 7 days before the GE for those of us with a postal vote who don't trust RM.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He will have his cake and get the waitress pregnant!

Sadly there is no credible competition!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

He needs to drop the evil 7 days before the GE for those of us with a postal vote who don't trust RM.
                Come the next GE he will either have disappeared or been ridiculed out of relevance. He's already starting to destroy his own argument.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Come the next GE he will either have disappeared or been ridiculed out of relevance. He's already starting to destroy his own argument.
                  If you are talking about Boris then I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

If you are talking about Boris then I agree.
                    I meant DC, but yes, probably! Although I doubt Boris will disappear.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X