• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moderators, boy I don’t know

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderators, boy I don’t know

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2002208.html

Anyone following the r/antiwork drama on Reddit?

TL;DR

Moderation team vote not to do any interviews, although one then goes on Fox News and it’s a car crash. Starts banning anyone who criticises them and the interview and then the Reddit goes private.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

And the daily wail link for us that are to thick or uneducated to have an account with The Independant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-movement.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Our moderation team have never been interviewed on TV.

The closest any of us have got is the time NotAllThere was represented by a photofit on Crimewatch…
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        And the daily wail link for us that are to thick or uneducated to have an account with The Independant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-movement.html
        You don't need an account for the Independent. They ask you if you'd like to create one but you can just click "I'll try later" and it lets you in anyway.

I don't ave a reddit account. It's enough to keep up with the crap on here without getting into that particular cess pool.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

You don't need an account for the Independent. They ask you if you'd like to create one but you can just click "I'll try later" and it lets you in anyway.
          Ahhh.. That's why I mentioned the uneducated and thick bit
          I don't ave a reddit account. It's enough to keep up with the crap on here without getting into that particular cess pool.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I’ve been on that sub-Reddit for some time now. Many Reddit Mods are power hungry dicks (yes, I aware of the irony…) and would not have become Mods on CUK. In this instance Mods who had their own ideology different from anti-work (which is basically ‘a fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work’ ethos) went onto Fox News and blew up the sub to the satisfaction of conservative viewers.

And the suspicion is that these conservative media sources (there’s more than one interview out there apparently) paid them money to do it. So these Mods were naive and greedy in equal measure. But I’m sure that they got more than a fair day’s pay for the work, so there’s that…
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X