• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Moderators, boy I don’t know"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    I’ve been on that sub-Reddit for some time now. Many Reddit Mods are power hungry dicks (yes, I aware of the irony…) and would not have become Mods on CUK. In this instance Mods who had their own ideology different from anti-work (which is basically ‘a fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work’ ethos) went onto Fox News and blew up the sub to the satisfaction of conservative viewers.

And the suspicion is that these conservative media sources (there’s more than one interview out there apparently) paid them money to do it. So these Mods were naive and greedy in equal measure. But I’m sure that they got more than a fair day’s pay for the work, so there’s that…

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

You don't need an account for the Independent. They ask you if you'd like to create one but you can just click "I'll try later" and it lets you in anyway.
    Ahhh.. That's why I mentioned the uneducated and thick bit
    I don't ave a reddit account. It's enough to keep up with the crap on here without getting into that particular cess pool.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And the daily wail link for us that are to thick or uneducated to have an account with The Independant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-movement.html
    You don't need an account for the Independent. They ask you if you'd like to create one but you can just click "I'll try later" and it lets you in anyway.

I don't ave a reddit account. It's enough to keep up with the crap on here without getting into that particular cess pool.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Our moderation team have never been interviewed on TV.

The closest any of us have got is the time NotAllThere was represented by a photofit on Crimewatch…

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And the daily wail link for us that are to thick or uneducated to have an account with The Independant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-movement.html

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Moderators, boy I don’t know

Moderators, boy I don’t know

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2002208.html

Anyone following the r/antiwork drama on Reddit?

TL;DR

Moderation team vote not to do any interviews, although one then goes on Fox News and it’s a car crash. Starts banning anyone who criticises them and the interview and then the Reddit goes private.

Working...
X