• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

I hope this isn't one of you -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Whitehouse, 34, told the press: “Initially, for the first 10 seconds, I laughed. I thought it was a joke.

    “But then I was upset and angry and I had a cry on the phone to my mum.
    34 year old man, crying to his mum... Way to reinforce stereotypes.

    I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't sell their house to anyone. Would I sell my house to a recruitment agent, someone out on license due to murder? Yes I would. Why not?

    (And I wouldn't care less about the buyers' sexuality, politics, gender, religion... or even if they were freckled).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by KneeJerkIrrationalAntiReligionist View Post
      I'm surprised the bible (and similar fairy-tale books) is still legal to sell as it is homophobic literature
      You're surprised fairy tale books are still legal to sell? Weird.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        34 year old man, crying to his mum... Way to reinforce stereotypes.

        I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't sell their house to anyone. Would I sell my house to a recruitment agent, someone out on license due to murder? Yes I would. Why not?

        (And I wouldn't care less about the buyers' sexuality, politics, gender, religion... or even if they were freckled).
        Darn it! I didn't need that shell company after all

        Comment


          #34
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YM9Ereg2Zo

          Maybe there's just some misunderstanding

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            34 year old man, crying to his mum... Way to reinforce stereotypes.

            I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't sell their house to anyone. Would I sell my house to a recruitment agent, someone out on license due to murder? Yes I would. Why not?

            (And I wouldn't care less about the buyers' sexuality, politics, gender, religion... or even if they were freckled).
            I could think of 3 logicially self-consistent scenarios to one's bias:
            1. You simply don't want to have any interaction - even at arm's length - with someone because you believe it might make you 'unclean' or because your beliefs tell you you shouldn't. Jews/Samaritans for instance.
            2. You hold views which tell you that person is unlikely to be trustworthy e.g. you hold racist views that Russians are dodgy, or the person comes across as a geezer and you would rather sell to someone more straightforward.
            3. You simply have an emotional attachment to your house and it pains you to think of someone coming in despoiling your years of work, when they walk around "ooh we could knock all this down". Financially that makes no sense but sentimentality is hardly uncommon.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

            Comment


              #36
              4. Realising that your 'dream house' is not available you, use all of your media savvy mates to kick up a storm and 'regretfully' cause the, probably not media savvy, vendors much grief, up to and including losing their employment.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by d000hg View Post

                I could think of 3 logicially self-consistent scenarios to one's bias:
                1. You simply don't want to have any interaction - even at arm's length - with someone because you believe it might make you 'unclean' or because your beliefs tell you you shouldn't. Jews/Samaritans for instance.
                2. You hold views which tell you that person is unlikely to be trustworthy e.g. you hold racist views that Russians are dodgy, or the person comes across as a geezer and you would rather sell to someone more straightforward.
                3. You simply have an emotional attachment to your house and it pains you to think of someone coming in despoiling your years of work, when they walk around "ooh we could knock all this down". Financially that makes no sense but sentimentality is hardly uncommon.
                We sold the last house to a couple whose husband was a city trader. The house had been completely redone but they ripped everything out and redid it.

                As I told the wife its their money and their house they can do what they like with it! Refusing to sell to someone because of their sexuality is wrong. Before anyone gets confused the new owners appeared to be Muslims (name & attire matched I never confirmed their faith as it wasn't any of my business). Pretty sure they weren't gay!

                The Cake thing was more about the Bakers right to refuse to support a political opinion (Gay marriage was illegal at the time). If you were asked to make a BLM themed cake do you have a right to refuse? How about a Go Israel cake? Vote Trump or Support the EDL cake? They are all legal.
                Last edited by vetran; 24 January 2022, 10:09.
                "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

                I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by vetran View Post

                  We sold the last house to a couple whose husband was a city trader. The house had been completely redone, gimp rooms, water beds etc, but they ripped everything out and redid it.
                  FTFY
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

                    FTFY
                    Indeed no accounting for taste. If I had known Warty a decade ago he would have loved it!
                    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

                    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      As I told the wife its their money and their house they can do what they like with it!
                      Humans don't work on pure logic though. Nostalgia and illogical sentimentality are part of who we are. To switch it around, it's actually quite common that sellers will perhaps choose a buyer (if there are multiple offers) based on who they like best, or to give a new family a house they will love, even if it's not quite the highest offer. We just sold our first ever home and preferred a charity who would use it to home veterans (or something like that) even though they couldn't quite match a higher option from some professional landlord.

                      Refusing to sell to someone because of their sexuality is wrong
                      Legally or morally? Where do you find this judgement?

                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X