• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should he stay or should he go now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should he stay or should he go now?

Johnson of course.
    Stay
    53.33%
    Go
    40.00%
    Where's the andyW option?
    6.67%
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Drag it out to the bitter end for comedy value, Trump Style. Stand for leader again, refuse to accept the result if he doesn't win.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think he should stay. Boris isn't the best leader ever but he's the best person at this time. I have a lot of issues with the way he does things but I have little faith in the alternatives (on either side of the commons).

Cummings is just doing his normal spoilt brat spiteful thing because he's still bitter about being sacked last year. Last year Angela Rayner said everything Cummings says is a lie and now this year she's behaving like he's the arbiter of the "real" truth! That tells me everything I need to know about the current scandal.

Apparently the government of the time during WWII didn't manage to stick to the black out demands that the rest of the country had to live under.

I want to know what bad news is being buried while all this is going on. Instead of PMQs dealing with more pressing issues, the opposition parties had only one line of questioning - what a waste of parliamentary time.

Comment

Stay.

I would like to see him lose a general election so his humiliation is complete.

Comment

For those who say go, do you trust any of those in the frame to replace him?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Vote of no confidence, get it defeated narrowly, then under Tory rules they can't have another leadership challenge for 12 months, so the government would be left with a leader they had little confidence in, and no one could challenge him - he would have to resign (would make a change from him being sacked for lying like 2 of his other jobs)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Vote of no confidence, get it defeated narrowly, then under Tory rules they can't have another leadership challenge for 12 months, so the government would be left with a leader they had little confidence in, and no one could challenge him - he would have to resign (would make a change from him being sacked for lying like 2 of his other jobs)
                Hang on, my little fantasist. Why would anyone resign and/or not have the confidence of the party if you have won a vote of confidence? A win is a win, remember. It's sort of a basic tenet of democracy.

If a VoC is called it will be on the back of the inquiry results. Those, by any reasonable guess, will not hang Boris out to dry but deflect any blame on to his officials. The party in general are also fully aware of what this "dysfunctional" government have genuinely achieved and won't want to rock too many boats given the growing list of crises that are out there already. Remember elections are won mainly by charismatic leaders* and they have very few of them to choose from.

I suspect Bojo will survive, but with some serious changes within No 10, up to and including a Cabinet reshuffle.

* And if you don't believe that, why do think the Lib Dumbs did so well following Clegg's barnstorming at the leaders debate iprior to the Coalition and disappeared without trace next time round?
                Last edited by malvolio; 20 January 2022, 13:37.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  For those who say go, do you trust any of those in the frame to replace him?
                  ooooh Jeremy Corbyn!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He should stay - next one will be even worse anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X