• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Dec 21

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

FTFY
    When you were told to "sink your money into bricks & mortar" they meant invest in properties, not drive into them.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      When you were told to "sink your money into bricks & mortar" they meant invest in properties, not drive into them.
      I did not read the small print

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It's a matter of perspective - to those who don't own property it's inflation, but for those who do it's wealth growth

HTH
        Wealth preservation might be more accurate with current inflation elsewhere. Beats money in the bank, but if you are not already in the biggest house you are ever going to need then it makes everything harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
          Happy new year all.

UK house prices end the year at a record high, with annual price growth in double digits

Key points:

• Annual house price growth increased to 10.4%, from 10.0% in November
          • 2021 was the strongest calendar year for house price growth since 2006
          • Price of a typical UK home hit record high of £254,822, up nearly £24,000 over the year
          • Wales was the strongest performing region in 2021, London the weakest

Interestingly, London remains the weakest performer and certainly in my experience, I am continuing to arrange a lot of mortgages for clients who are leaving the city in the search of the perfect work from home property.

January in my industry is always a good indication of how the year will pan out as it is a month which is dictated by the new years resolution to move house. This is particularly relevant for first time buyers who have had enough of paying rent.

Full report here:

Download the latest report

Wow the bubble just keeps going.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

...if you are not already in the biggest house you are ever going to need...
            This time last year my partner and I were living in a 55sqm 1 bedroom apartment, cluttered AF. We needed more space so we sold the flat in the city centre and now we are living in a 150sqm 4 bedroom detached house in the outskirts. Still cluttered, still not enough space. When does it end?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

This time last year my partner and I were living in a 55sqm 1 bedroom apartment, cluttered AF. We needed more space so we sold the flat in the city centre and now we are living in a 150sqm 4 bedroom detached house in the outskirts. Still cluttered, still not enough space. When does it end?
              It doesn't believe me. Only yesterday I was driving up the road from the East gate to the house with the horses galloping along side me with the theme tune to Brideshead Revisited on radio I was still worrying where to put all the clutter. Then I realise it's the house's staffs problem and I'm going to have to whip them again when I get in.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I was driving
                INKSPE!

No chauffeur?

Comment

INKSPE!

No chauffeur?
                  He was in his chariot, a la Ben Hur, chasing down the peasants
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

He was in his chariot, a la Ben Hur, chasing down the peasants
                    Why do I picture him, not in a Roman chariot, but a French one?

Comment

INKSPE!

No chauffeur?
                      One is allowed to drive to oneself to the stables before a ride out you know. If it's good enough for Lizzy it's good enough for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	QUEENDRIVING.png Views:	0 Size:	699.4 KB ID:	4199323
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 10 January 2022, 22:00.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X