• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disgusting - hope he gets locked up for a long time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusting - hope he gets locked up for a long time

Doesn't matter whether you're a prince, a lord, a knight, a priest, or anyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-59607283
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

The link wasn't working earlier.

Yes he is disgusting. Unfortunately doesn't he get the penalty for committing the offences in the 70s? So he will be out shortly.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Unfortunately doesn't he get the penalty for committing the offences in the 70s? So he will be out shortly.
      It's an extreme case but it's a very slippery slope to start applying modern rules retrospectively IMO.

That said, were the laws on sex offences against young children so lenient then? Ahmed was himself a teenager so I imagine that might make a difference?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm afraid one day me and my adopted cousin will get put away for what we got up to when we were both 6.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I'm afraid one day me and my adopted cousin will get put away for what we got up to when we were both 6.
          You are OK as that's under the age of criminal responsibility.

If they are going to lock up anyone it would be your parents or other adults in loco parentis who were around when you were up to no good.

Comment

If they are going to lock up anyone it would be your parents or other adults in loco parentis who were around when you were up to no good.
            I'm an old fart. Back in those days it was acceptable to leave young kids at home alone. Used to walk to school alone too when I was probably still 5.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I'm an old fart. Back in those days it was acceptable to leave young kids at home alone. Used to walk to school alone too when I was probably still 5.
              You were young before Esther Rantzen, Lyn Faulds Wood and John Stapleton campaigned for consumer particularly child safety.

Least you knew not to shelter under a tree in a open field in a thunder storm, fly a kite near an electricity pylon and not put your head to train tracks (while doing a cartwheel) .

Comment

"Piss be upon him!"

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  It's an extreme case but it's a very slippery slope to start applying modern rules retrospectively IMO.

That said, were the laws on sex offences against young children so lenient then? Ahmed was himself a teenager so I imagine that might make a difference?
                  17 year old boy molesting a boy under 11? Pretty sure that was dealt with severely back in the 70s.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

sadly it seems such behaviour is common in government.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X