• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Zopa & P2P lending?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yes bloody annoying them doing that. I've now got £250000 sitting in Zopa and got to find somewhere to bloody put it. Where the hell am I going to find an ISA which isn't less than inflation?!?!?!
    stocks and shares ISA. If you have an II account for your SIPP you can invest ISA into the same funds.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yes bloody annoying them doing that. I've now got £2500.00 sitting in Zopa and got to find somewhere to bloody put it. Where the hell am I going to find an ISA which isn't less than inflation?!?!?!
      FTFY.

Mine is just going into my S&S ISA but it's a bit annoying because the whole point was to diversify and not have everything in shares. Maybe I'll see about putting this portion of the ISA total into something a bit different like commodity shares, problem being I know absolutely nothing about that side of things.

Are there any other IFISAs out there? I seem to remember discussing here one where you bought shares in a big housing portfolio which seemed an interesting idea. Course I could buy a cheap BTL but I'm a bit soured on that over the years.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

stocks and shares ISA. If you have an II account for your SIPP you can invest ISA into the same funds.
        With 250K, it's gonna take quite some time to fill up with the £20K annual limit.

OP - Just buy BTC and become a billionaire within 12 months :-)
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I've started to dabble with Crowd Property. Biggest problem is so it seems has everyone else in the world, so when the investment opps get published the whole contribution amounts is gone within an hour!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

With 250K, it's gonna take quite some time to fill up with the £20K annual limit.

OP - Just buy BTC and become a billionaire within 12 months :-)
            I assume that the Zopa is an ISA, so should be transferrable to another ISA without any annual limit.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yes bloody annoying them doing that. I've now got £250000 sitting in Zopa and got to find somewhere to bloody put it. Where the hell am I going to find an ISA which isn't less than inflation?!?!?!
              You could fund a Lords Of Midnight remake?

Comment

I wonder how long until the first ISAs allow you to hold crypto.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

£250k should get you a knighthood.
                  x10 if you want a peerage, and if you can do it offshore, you could probably knock 20% off that.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    FTFY.

Mine is just going into my S&S ISA but it's a bit annoying because the whole point was to diversify and not have everything in shares. Maybe I'll see about putting this portion of the ISA total into something a bit different like commodity shares, problem being I know absolutely nothing about that side of things.

Are there any other IFISAs out there? I seem to remember discussing here one where you bought shares in a big housing portfolio which seemed an interesting idea. Course I could buy a cheap BTL but I'm a bit soured on that over the years.
                    Im thinking property. But that's over inflated now as well. Think I may go out and spend it on drink, drugs & hookers. The rest I'll just waste.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                      I've started to dabble with Crowd Property. Biggest problem is so it seems has everyone else in the world, so when the investment opps get published the whole contribution amounts is gone within an hour!
                      I did OK with this sort of thing - think I got about 15% return in a year, but got cold feet because the investment had been recommended by a certain accountant with a history of fraud, so pulled out - this was student property, and pre-covid.

Comment

Working...
                      X