• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get The Booze In - Happy...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get The Booze In - Happy...

.. lockdown New Year!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/14/covid...year-15767878/

Pubs and restaurants could be shut in the next few weeks under a secret Omicron contingency plan, it’s claimed.
    Limits on the number of people allowed to gather in these spaces could reportedly be introduced after Whitehall officials prepared new measures.

But New Year’s Eve parties could even be cancelled as the Government considers closures, according to The Sun.

A source apparently told the newspaper: ‘You will be able to see your family at Christmas, but at this rate, you might not be able to do it in a pub. As for New Year’s Eve, that is a different story.’
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    .. lockdown New Year!

Pubs and restaurants could be shut in the next few weeks under a secret Omicron contingency plan, it’s claimed.
    Limits on the number of people allowed to gather in these spaces could reportedly be introduced after Whitehall officials prepared new measures.

But New Year’s Eve parties could even be cancelled as the Government considers closures, according to The Sun.

A source apparently told the newspaper: ‘You will be able to see your family at Christmas, but at this rate, you might not be able to do it in a pub. As for New Year’s Eve, that is a different story.’
    That's my prediction gone then .... I thought they'd try to hold on until after new year to pretend they care for the pub/restaurant sector and let us all enjoy ourselves.

They are between a rock and a hard place though, mostly through their own inept actions. They ban things now, after the parties they had last year, and everyone will ignore them anyway so they may as well let us all crack on until the new year.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

‘You will be able to see your family at Christmas, but at this rate, you might not be able to do it in a pub."
      Do people go to the pub at Christmas? Like, on Christmas day? WHY???

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

I go to the yacht club at lunch time.

Comment

Many single people do. Those without families. A few families do XMAS at the pub. (my nephew works at a pub and it was a topic after last year).
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

People that can't cook or don't have space/inclination to cook for a dozen people will go to the pub for a traditional dinner.

Comment

Many independent pubs will open for a couple of hours around lunch time, even if they are not doing food. There is still a tradition with older male drinkers of going to the pub for a couple while the women get the dinner ready.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've never been but loads of pubs typically advertise their Xmas dinner weeks or months ahead, it's really quite popular - or used to be. No washing up, no slaving for 5 hours over the dinner.

Popping to the local on the way home after late-morning church on Christmas morning also has a rather nice ring to it, though again never managed to make that happen.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

.. lockdown New Year!

I saw yesterday that DEnmark have banned alcohol sales in pubs and restaurants. How else are people supposed to get through this other than booze?!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I saw yesterday that DEnmark have banned alcohol sales in pubs and restaurants. How else are people supposed to get through this other than booze?!
                    I'd be taking that to the ECHR

Comment

Working...
                    X