• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris is largely to thank for the "red wall" seats they won and the Brexit "victory" he secured, and still gets a lot of cachet for the vaccine rollout.
    He has been popular within the party for many years even if it's not the dogged entrenched support that Corbyn still gets - we have Corbynites but No Boritulipes.

The big issue they would have is replacing him with someone who isn't a dull-as-dishwater modern polished politician. I mean can you imagine Raab? Like or hate it, Boris actually has a character and gets your attention. Rishi is popular and can act like a person I suppose. Gove might fancy his chances. Or maybe Liz will have a go, she's certainly... characterful.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

The big issue they would have is replacing him with someone who isn't a dull-as-dishwater modern polished politician. I mean can you imagine Raab? Like or hate it, Boris actually has a character and gets your attention. Rishi is popular and can act like a person I suppose. Gove might fancy his chances. Or maybe Liz will have a go, she's certainly... characterful.
      what about priti the nazi?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

what about priti the nazi?
        Surely even the Tories know she's unpopular with the moderates. FWIW my money is on Rishi.

Comment

Surely even the Tories know she's unpopular with the moderates. FWIW my money is on Rishi.
          Party members will prefer Truss by a mile. But they're also more likely to back a winner, so it depends what their relative polling looks like among the voting electorate. Anyway, Sunak or Truss seem most likely as of today, but things can change fast.

Comment

Boris is largely to thank for the "red wall" seats they won and the Brexit "victory" he secured, and still gets a lot of cachet for the vaccine rollout.
            He has been popular within the party for many years even if it's not the dogged entrenched support that Corbyn still gets - we have Corbynites but No Boritulipes.

Polished but dull is probably what will appeal most right now. Look at Major taking over after Thatcher was deposed.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Boris will stay and Boris will win because he's got charisma, personality and intelligence with a human touch All other politicians don't have it.

For someone who's the PM during a pandemic and immediately post Brexit with most of the Press and a good percentage of society hell bent on finding fault and throwing brickbats he's doing remarkably well

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Polished but dull is probably what will appeal most right now. Look at Major taking over after Thatcher was deposed.
                This whole populist kick isn't done yet. I mean even May, though dull, was authentically dull rather than devoid of personality. Raab is like an android butler.

Comment

Raab is polished like a turd.

Comment

A despicable chancer who does not give a fig for anyone but himself.

History will judge him.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

If more Tories were like John Major the world would be a better place.

Comment

Working...
                      X