• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattster View Post
    Just imagine if this was properly lethal, half the country would be wiped out in a month.
    Don't forget long covid and all sort of tulip that will follow with fecked up blood veins - ie more strokes in the future, this thing will still be killing people long after its perceived threat disappears.

Pfizer antiviral seems to work well on Omicron also, but production going to a problem even though it seems they are open to license it elsewhere, unlike mRNA that contains more secret stuff they don't want to reveal.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Don't forget long covid and all sort of tulip that will follow with fecked up blood veins - ie more strokes in the future, this thing will still be killing people long after its perceived threat disappears.
      Let's hope reduced severit also translates to reduced long term symptoms. While we're at it, let's also hope that the medical experiment this government has carried out on the nation's children with the previous strains doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

Comment

You can still record your predictory prowess: https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-official.html
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

let's also hope that the medical experiment this government has carried out on the nation's children with the previous strains doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.
          Tory scum will be out of power for a couple of decades soon, so they won't care.

Comment

let's also hope that the medical experiment this government has carried out on the nation's children with the previous strains doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.
            Eh?

Comment

"PM to hold press conference with Chris Whitty at 5pm"

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Eh?
                Let them all catch it and hope for the best - that was and is the plan, unless you know otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Pfizer antiviral seems to work well on Omicron also, but production going to a problem
                  Maybe Pfizer should focus first on making more vaccines for all the developing countries with lower vaccination rates, which is where variants will develop from.

Comment

Median incubation is something like 5.5 days, so you wouldn't really expect a positive result until tomorrow or Friday. I and the rest of my family are still testing negative with fully infected son in the house (symptomatic/pos test since Saturday). Crunch time is the next 3 days I reckon.
                    We can compare notes then. Daughter upstairs with covid (assume Omicron from the symptoms - don't think she's had it confirmed). Adult, so she is confining herself to the bedroom and (shared) bathroom, but she was with us downstairs on Sunday when her symptoms first appeared.

Mr ms and I both LFT negative and no symptoms (he's had a slight headache maybe) - PCRs posted yesterday so awaiting results. I was boostered 3 weeks ago, him a couple of days before she came home, so hopefully they're doing their job and either protecting us from getting it, or protecting us from symptoms.

Comment

Let them all catch it and hope for the best - that was and is the plan, unless you know otherwise.
                      Not sure where you get that from, given schools have been pretty vigorous at sending kids home. Even if it were, that's exactly how the UK deals with chicken pox. We don't take drastic measures when a disease has no sign of being dangerous "just in case".

Comment

Working...
                      X