• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Maybe Pfizer should focus first on making more vaccines for all the developing countries with lower vaccination rates, which is where variants will develop from.
    They should focus on making them for whoever is paying. The buyers are responsible for deciding who gets them.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe Pfizer should focus first on making more vaccines for all the developing countries with lower vaccination rates, which is where variants will develop from.
      They can do both, there are plenty of vaccines about now anyway, but no good working antiviral

Comment

Presser is not starting, some last minute decisions being made...

Comment

80k. That's it. Another lockdown on the horizon, probably in the next couple of days. That's what I think is going to happen. Everything closed apart from vital shops and mandatory vaccination like in other European countries.

Hope you all have done your Christmas shopping already.
          M&S has a food hall and allowed click and collect last year.

(Yes you know where lots of my presents came from......)
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Not sure where you get that from, given schools have been pretty vigorous at sending kids home. Even if it were, that's exactly how the UK deals with chicken pox. We don't take drastic measures when a disease has no sign of being dangerous "just in case".
            They were shutting down classes and whole year groups, but that was in 2020. Now it is 2x LFT a week per child (voluntary), class closed with 5 cases - although that doesn't seem uniformly applied since my other (younger) son has > 5 cases in his class right now - there were 10 off today, and school continues. I don't know if you've got school age kids, but around here there are very few of them who haven't had the virus by now - we seemed to hold out far longer than most. The government have really not done much to help schools prevent spread at all, and also no sign of the vaccine approval for 5 - 11 year olds yet which annoys me since many other countries have done this. It may well turn out to have been a reasonable course of action, but we have far less long term knowledge of this virus than we do of chicken pox so I think there is always a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

We can compare notes then. Daughter upstairs with covid (assume Omicron from the symptoms - don't think she's had it confirmed). Adult, so she is confining herself to the bedroom and (shared) bathroom, but she was with us downstairs on Sunday when her symptoms first appeared.

Mr ms and I both LFT negative and no symptoms (he's had a slight headache maybe) - PCRs posted yesterday so awaiting results. I was boostered 3 weeks ago, him a couple of days before she came home, so hopefully they're doing their job and either protecting us from getting it, or protecting us from symptoms.
              Good luck with it. I am assuming non-Omicron here, since we are out of London, but who knows? Rest of our household had negative PCR on Sun/Mon and neg LFT since. If it isn't Omicron then perhaps me and the misses not getting it is a possibility, but still expecting younger son to get it - if he doesn't get it from his older brother, he's probably picked it up from school since apparently 10 of his class were off with it today alone(!) so we are under special instructions from them for daily LFT, although we were doing that already.

We are under a double-pronged attack on Christmas at my Dad's, since my bother in London tested positive yesterday - he's got his own family to infect now. So far all of us out for Christmas, but any more positives between now and the 25th and it looks like it's off. Oh, and my brother had dinner with my sister's family on Sunday which could be interesting if it is Omicron - so make that triple-pronged.

Comment

Is this the time to say that I'm planning to go to London on Friday for my ex-company Christmas do?
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hope you all have done your Christmas shopping already.
                  Tried to book a sainsbury's slot yesterday, first one available is 27th Dec, so it's off to the shop for me at some stage. Shopping not been top of my priorities for some time, so I forget to put the order in .. I may regret that when I start to run out of food
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Is this the time to say that I'm planning to go to London on Friday for my ex-company Christmas do?
                    Our team party was planned for tomorrow but no one wanted to go, so it's turned to virtual.... my idea of hell, but thankfully I have some none alco beers in the fridge if I have to pretend to be enjoying myself!
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Only go to the things you want to go to.........
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X