• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

which model/engine?
    Q4 2.2D

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

you owned both?
      Correct
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Very true. I can't do a straight line in ice in my 350z so I don't get in the car if there's even a snifter of the stuff on the road.

Some would say that a car designed for drifting shouldn't be going in a straight line anyway...
        I hear the trick is to put a load of bricks or a fat mate in the boot?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I seem to be bucking the trend here. After cycling to work for years I needed a car for the new contract role. So I spent a grand on an old Nisan Pixo. My wife says that I look like Noddy in there, but I don't care. It's comfortable, really fun to drive and if it gets totalled I don't care (as long as I'm ok obviously)! Oh, and the insurance is cheap as chips and tax is about £20 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by kloos View Post
            I seem to be bucking the trend here. After cycling to work for years I needed a car for the new contract role. So I spent a grand on an old Nisan Pixo. My wife says that I look like Noddy in there, but I don't care. It's comfortable, really fun to drive and if it gets totalled I don't care (as long as I'm ok obviously)! Oh, and the insurance is cheap as chips and tax is about £20 per year.
            I take it that's to impress the client you're not a MGB and keep the Lambo at home for pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

I've owned 6 of various types in the past 30 years without any issues whatsoever.

YMMV
              Probably a world anecdotal record there, I expect. They are rated badly by the car reliability checkers. It looks as if gearbox and engine problems are widespread. The engine itself is probably solid, but the design of the surrounding bits entering it must be badly designed to get such a poor score across the board.

If someone truly needs a 4x4 with solid winter tyres then there are plenty of other 4x4s that are far more reliable than anything Tata Landrover can offer you. I keep my cars for 7 to 10 years and don't touch badly made vehicles. They are utility for me.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Probably a world anecdotal record there, I expect.
                6 in 30 years means each one has lasted 5 years with him. If it's been one of multiple vehicles, then it's not had much use. If he's had other brands in the mix as well, then it might only be 1 or 2 years before he writes them off or replaces them.
                Not exactly high quality evidence.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kloos View Post
                  After cycling to work for years
                  In a banana suit?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

I take it that's to impress the client you're not a MGB and keep the Lambo at home for pleasure
                    lol - call me old fashioned but the contract is with me and not the car. I am Noddy with a banana at home for... actually scrub that

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I hear the trick is to put a load of bricks or a fat mate in the boot?
                      I take it you're not familiar with the paltry size of the 350z boot

Comment

Working...
                      X