• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payslip - PAYE Refund - No longer with Employer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payslip - PAYE Refund - No longer with Employer

Hi,

I recently started a new permanent job, around 7 weeks ago. I was previously working on a fixed term contract, day rate, and paid on a weekly basis. Since leaving the previous job I have continued to received £244.20 as a PAYE Refund every week (showing in the deduction section of the payslip as PAYE R). Does anyone know if this is something to do with my personal tax allowance, or a mistake from the previous company? I have been putting the money to one side incase it's been paid in error. Any advice welcome. Thank you

Originally posted by bopowarls View Post
    Hi,

I recently started a new permanent job, around 7 weeks ago. I was previously working on a fixed term contract, day rate, and paid on a weekly basis. Since leaving the previous job I have continued to received £244.20 as a PAYE Refund every week (showing in the deduction section of the payslip as PAYE R). Does anyone know if this is something to do with my personal tax allowance, or a mistake from the previous company? I have been putting the money to one side incase it's been paid in error. Any advice welcome. Thank you
    Why don't you ring up the people paying you the money and ask them?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is this your previous employer that is paying you this? If so, have you asked them why you're still getting payslips?

What is the tax code on the payslips ? Is it correct?
      Last edited by Paralytic; 11 November 2021, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Why don't you ring up the people paying you the money and ask them?
        Someone has money and they are looking for a way to keep it and say nothing. Ringing the previous employer will result in the money having to be paid back and stop coming so he doesn't want to do that.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This should really have been posted in the accounting section.

You need to know your earnings and how much tax you paid in 2018/2019, 2019/2020 and 2020/2021. (Dig out your P60s and any self assessment returns. Though self-assessment for 2020/2021 is currently underway.)

Then look up the tax rates for those years. (You know how to use Google right?)

If you over paid tax then it can either be paid back to you by your employer or HMRC. In your case it looks like your employer is paying you back.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thank you all for the very constructive advice and feedback. I can confirm I am trying to fleece my old employer out of a measly £244 a week.. dang caught me out. Also, no idea how to use Google.

I did call them as soon as I saw the payments and they said they will get back to me. Thought I'd do some digging around myself in the meantime and ask for some advice. Bad mistake haha

Comment

ask for some advice. Bad mistake haha
              Specifically In General, by gad, I think you're right.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thank you all for the very constructive advice and feedback. I can confirm I am trying to fleece my old employer out of a measly £244 a week.. dang caught me out. Also, no idea how to use Google.
                We've a poster on here that's made a career out of telling everyone how good he is claiming £72 quid a week on the state so your £244 is a kings ransom. And measly £244 a week is £12k a year so it's not measly at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Specifically In General, by gad, I think you're right.
                  What DSL is saying is this.. Look at all the topic headings and notes under neath on the forum such as Accounting/Legal which says.

Accounting / Legal
                  Financial and legal issues affecting IT contractor companies, including IR35.

And then look at General which says.

General
                  All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.

And know you know why looking for advice in here wasn't a great idea. General is not moderated and it's open season on anyone. You can easily see there isn't a single business related question in here so you are gonna get a mauling by posting in the wrong section.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

What DSL is saying is this.. Look at all the topic headings and notes under neath on the forum such as Accounting/Legal which says.

Accounting / Legal
                    Financial and legal issues affecting IT contractor companies, including IR35.

And then look at General which says.

General
                    All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.

And know you know why looking for advice in here wasn't a great idea. General is not moderated and it's open season on anyone. You can easily see there isn't a single business related question in here so you are gonna get a mauling by posting in the wrong section.
                    The problem with that argument is that General really should not appear at the top of the list of forums, it really should be (for user interface purposes) underneath Technical or in its own section.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X