• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon

If you get burgled here's how to get police attention....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...t-speed-camera
    A retired lecturer recently diagnosed with a terminal illness has complained of police heavy-handedness after claiming he was injured when six officers raided his home after he achieved his bucket-list desire to moon at a speed camera.

Darrell Meekcom, 55, from Kidderminister, who was diagnosed with multiple system atrophy (MSA) last month, pulled down his trousers and bared his bottom to a camera believing it was “a good laugh”, he told his local newspaper.

But within 20 minutes, he found six officers at his front door, banging on his window, and was restrained and arrested on suspicion of committing public order offences.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I think the last line of that article is the most significant:
    "A 55-year-old man from Kidderminster was arrested on suspicion of public order offences and dangerous driving and released on bail."

If he'd been walking down the road, then decide to moon at the camera, I don't think it would be a big deal. However, if he was driving a car at the time then it's reasonable to ask whether he was in full control of the vehicle.

Comment

I hate they way they make his illness a the focal point of the story. It's very sad but keep that out of it when dealing with the facts. Moons while driving, cops trace him and arrest a pretty stocky bald fella in a football top. Then start commenting on his illness. The key piece on information isn't even mention until the very last line. What do people think he did, walked up to a camera and mooned? He's got to have been speeding to trigger it for a start.

They didn't go arrest him knowing about his illness or rough him up on purpose. To the police he was just a bell end that broke the law.

To be fair being arrested and getting a criminal record is pretty high on many peoples things to do before you die. I've a funny feeling he's already ticked that one off though.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 10 November 2021, 00:23.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I go with Seinfeld on this one. I don't have a bucket list, I have one that starts with F.

The dangerous driving happened as he left of the scene, not done during the mooning, according to the Times.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not sure all those reports are accurate, according to this he wasn't driving, he mooned a mobile speed camera van.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ooning-6184118
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Darn it, I should have mooned that Google Street View camera when it went past me.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Was "get arrested" not on his bucket list?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X