• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember, remember your pets in November...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, remember your pets in November...

(Serious post)
    For anyone with pet animals who struggle with the loud bangs of fireworks, ClassicFM are doing shows tonight and tomorrow in an effort to calm pets down.
    https://www.classicfm.com/radio/show...alm-fireworks/

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Was a thing on the BBC news this morning that some ex soldiers with PTSD have a problem with fireworks too.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Was a thing on the BBC news this morning that some ex soldiers with PTSD have a problem with fireworks too.
      That seems a far worthier cause than people ranting on "fireworks should be banned, my poor Mr. Tiddles"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Out of all the historic events in the history of Britain, we celebrate someone not blowing up the houses of parliament. It's really odd to me and not something relevant to 21st century Britain.

Time this out of touch tradition was put to bed.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

You could equally argue that Christmas is even more out of date, celebrating birth of someone who probably never existed after 2000 years.

Just a nice excuse for a bit of fun. Who cares about relevance to modern Britain?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Out of all the historic events in the history of Britain, we celebrate someone not blowing up the houses of parliament. It's really odd to me and not something relevant to 21st century Britain.

Time this out of touch tradition was put to bed.
            Nonsense, it's just an excuse for blowing stuff up, which is never a bad idea.

Comment

The only reason they let us have fireworks is because 5th November is a reminder of what happens to us if we try to blow up parliament.
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Well in modern multicultural Britain we should celebrate Diwali anyway - though it's as 'pointless' as Christmas it's very PC. We can have fireworks while feeling good about how inclusive we are being.

While GF is clearly a ridiculous thing to celebrate, isn't it precisely this kind of bizarre tradition that gives any country a bit of distinctive flavour. It's worth celebrating BECAUSE it's daft
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

And we can all have a larf when the plod officiously arrest people for guys on bonfires that seem to resemble caravans with references to travellers on the number plate.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                  X