• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a beer in London today. Shocked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's in Durham City. If that helps.
    Yep - won't say as it will out exactly where you are in Durham
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      this is the greatest beer in the world
      Landlord - Timothy Taylor's
      Certainly in my top five, but my local brewery produces even better ales (IMHO of course): https://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It includes things like VAT reverting from 12->20%, hugely increased energy costs, etc.
        The former only explains things if prices were reduced when VAT was. Very few places reportedly did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

The former only explains things if prices were reduced when VAT was. Very few places reportedly did that.
          They may not pass the savings to the customer, but I bet most places will pass the increased costs back to the customer.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

or the 'flat, tepid ditchwater' thread, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              or the 'flat, tepid ditchwater' thread, maybe.
              Oi! you resemble that remark!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

off you go for a half pint of granny toadsucker's old atrocious bitter, brilcreem boy

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                  Certainly in my top five, but my local brewery produces even better ales (IMHO of course): https://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/
                  I think I need to taste them all to decide....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I think I need to taste them all to decide....
                    +1 for rebellion, you will need all year as they release one a month.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                      Had a drink at lunchtime near bank station and I’ve not been back for a long time and never really looked at receipts so carefully

the bill was

1)£9 for a glass of house white wine 175ml
                      2) £6.50 for a standard pint of beer

on top of this they add an optional (but you know it’s not optional) 12.5% service charge even though it was bar service and no service

am i correct that a pint is now £7.30 including service charge and a glass of 175ml house wine is >£10?

i remember London and having £4 pints. Then when it became £5 in 2014 people were complaining !!
                      That's just to keep the peasants away. Looks like it's working...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X