• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That ole devil called Lucifer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ole devil called Lucifer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...IFER-2020.html

Rosemary's BABIES! 15 mothers in England and Wales named their little bundles of joy LUCIFER in 2020... while traditional names like Nigel and Carol disappeared from the register
    • More mothers named their new-borns Lucifer than Nigel, Trevor or Gordon
    • Oliver and Olivia remain the most popular names for baby boys and girls
    • Muhammad is actually the most popular name for baby boys, but it ranks fifth due to its various spellings
    • Three baby boys named Jesus and five Lebron across England and Wales in 2020
    • Are you a parent of Britain’s last Nigel? Get in touch – tips @dailymail.com
    not many songs about Lucifer.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Bearing in mind the last article said no one named their baby Nigel then only one lucifer would beat it.

Any ideas what Muhammad would be if you rolled all the spellings up in to one? I imagine it's going to be way in front of Oliver.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Bearing in mind the last article said no one named their baby Nigel then only one lucifer would beat it.

Any ideas what Muhammad would be if you rolled all the spellings up in to one? I imagine it's going to be way in front of Oliver.
      One nutter naming their poor kid after a fallen angel I expected but 15

Don't you will upset Sue Ellen!

Comment

The ONS do roll up all the spelling variations to compile the over all list. You can then see the different spellings broken down. I only know because every few years I play around with it.

Anyway Mohammed is number 5. (See what I did there?)

How many different ways can you spell Noah?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The ONS do roll up all the spelling variations to compile the over all list. You can then see the different spellings broken down. I only know because every few years I play around with it.

Anyway Mohammed is number 5. (See what I did there?)

How many different ways can you spell Noah?
          Its biblical so lots of variations.

https://www.verywellfamily.com/noah-...larity-5179444

Comment

Wailers only care about those named after Nigel and Katie. If we don’t name children after the saints of the country, what hope have we?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Wailers only care about those named after Nigel and Katie. If we don’t name children after the saints of the country, what hope have we?
              God botherers only care about works of fiction detailing their magical sky friends and the people they duped into writing them?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

One nutter naming their poor kid after a fallen angel I expected but 15

Don't you will upset Sue Ellen!
                A lot of them are reclaiming the word from Canaanite myth. Lucifer is Latin for bringer of light, Lucis, an inflected form of Lux and fero - to carry. There were very few male first names in the Roman word, one of them being Lucius which was given to those born at dawn. The goddess Juno Lucina (meaning she who brings into the light) was the main female fertility deity who also helped at birth and had a shrine on the Esquiline Hill. It was here that they held the Matronalia in early March, yep you guessed it, it became the Church sanctioned Mothers Day. After the goths had destroyed the temple the Church built their major shrine to Mary near the spot and even reused some of the columns inside - Santa Maria Maggiore.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  There were very few male first names in the Roman word,

When I did Latin at school all the men, plus all the women, whether they were real or fictional had first names.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

God botherers only care about works of fiction detailing their magical sky friends and the people they duped into writing them?
                    Sounds like the Tory and Bxxxxt manifesto to me

And most 'stories' in the Wail
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X