• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Mods or Admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi Mods or Admin

Why is Facebook spamming me with topics I'm posting about on here? I post about the name John. An hour later I'm been invited to join groups with the Apostle John and the such like. ( I'd suspect a dns attack from doogh or nat if they were bright enough). This isn't the first time. Also WTF is Facebook spamming me anyway with stuff from my work computer when I never go near it on here. I can only think that I use CUK on own and work PCs and its spying or something? The other thing is I don't even use FB, I had an account in 2005 decided it was tulip and stopped using it. Although kept the account name to prevent others using it.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Do you have a better example than "John" because really, that's hardly conclusive. Like you posted about your new Dyson Whizmatic and then got ads for it?

If you're not on FB, how are you getting spammed by it? Emails?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Do you have a better example than "John" because really, that's hardly conclusive. Like you posted about your new Dyson Whizmatic and then got ads for it?

If you're not on FB, how are you getting spammed by it? Emails?
      Yeah emails, well not anymore as they're where they belong in the spam bin.

On its own it not conclusive granted, I've deleted all the others but this just seems too co-incidental. I'm not really that fussed otherwise I wouldn't have posted here. Just seems a little spooky.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Same is happened to me. Posted a comment about peeping through LM's window and next day a restraining order came through the door. How is the royal mail seeing what I post on here?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Same here. I call someone a massive cretin and, the next day, I get spammed by scootie offering "financial advice".

Comment

It's probably the 5G chip in your head - FB knows what you're thinking, and if it's legal (unlikely for most on here ) they'll try and flog it to you...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Yeah emails, well not anymore as they're where they belong in the spam bin.

On its own it not conclusive granted, I've deleted all the others but this just seems too co-incidental. I'm not really that fussed otherwise I wouldn't have posted here. Just seems a little spooky.
              You hear people say they started getting ads after speaking about a product, in person, and never searching online. They claim Siri is listening but I tend to lean in the direction it's selective bias... statistically this is bound to happen every now and then and you only notice when it does.

I wouldn't be surprised if their cross-site cookies have snared you, can we test it with deliberate ad-terms?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if their cross-site cookies have snared you, can we test it with deliberate ad-terms?
                Maybe.

Ok here goes. I'm off to Italy in January, probably Rome, hoping for a nice 4 star hotel in the Prati district.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  It's probably the 5G chip in your head - FB knows what you're thinking, and if it's legal (unlikely for most on here ) they'll try and flog it to you...
                  Its a 5G next gen I'll have you know, works particularly well in dense environments, dooohg put me onto it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Maybe.

Ok here goes. I'm off to Italy in January, probably Rome, hoping for a nice 4 star hotel in the Prati district.
                    Not quite Prati but try Donna Camilla Savelli - VRetreats
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X