• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

KUATB Chumps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KUATB Chumps

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ort-finds.html

Multinational firms are 'abusing' a visa scheme allowing them to bring foreign workers into Britain, report finds
    • Offenders have become skilled at ‘hiding’ abuses from Home Office, said report
    • Firms also found to ‘artificially inflate’ value of housing provided to employees
    • Despite concerns, the MAC recommended significant expansion of ICT scheme
    • It enables global businesses to send employees to UK branch on temporary basis
    Sadly the Slaver and Aunty haven't caught up yet but here you anti mailiists - the original report.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...port_FINAL.pdf

This was all happening 20 years ago.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ort-finds.html

Sadly the Slaver and Aunty haven't caught up yet but here you anti mailiists - the original report.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...port_FINAL.pdf

This was all happening 20 years ago.
    Shock horror, Wail runs story about immigrants as it triggers their loyal believers.
    More important than the response by GPs to the winter plan, tory in-fighting on who they blame for their deal for NIP, accuracy of LFTs, port delays, etc
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Migration Advisory Committee is sponsored by the Home Office, it's not some right wing group. It's findings should be taken seriously not just dismissed as DM wailing.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        The Migration Advisory Committee is sponsored by the Home Office, it's not some right wing group. It's findings should be taken seriously not just dismissed as DM wailing.
        I'm not saying the MAC should not be taken seriously, I'm saying that the Wail chooses to headline stories that appeal to its believers, while paying less attention to others that might challenge them.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I'm not saying the MAC should not be taken seriously, I'm saying that the Wail chooses to headline stories that appeal to its believers, while paying less attention to others that might challenge them.
          It provides click bait for certain members on here to wail about (excuse the pun!)
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Why would a newspaper publish things it's readers don't want to read? They they wouldn't buy it. Sensationalism sells!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A LEAGUE TABLE for doctors to "SHAME" them.

That's what the Wail thinks is important. Easier to shame people when you're a wailer than to help them by not a decade of underfunding and blame.

Comment

A LEAGUE TABLE for doctors to "SHAME" them.

That's what the Wail thinks is important. Easier to shame people when you're a wailer than to help them by not a decade of underfunding and blame.
                Our doctor has attended appointments 20+ minutes late for decades. Strangely after covid and with a new owner they are about 2-3 minutes late on appointments. No change in funding.

The online prescription system they use is in their pharmacists words 'broken' with no replacement expected.

Schools were like that before league tables and academies.

Tradesmen before checkatrade etc were impossible.

Why do you think reviews & league tables are a bad idea?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Our doctor has attended appointments 20+ minutes late for decades. Strangely after covid and with a new owner they are about 2-3 minutes late on appointments. No change in funding.

The online prescription system they use is in their pharmacists words 'broken' with no replacement expected.

Schools were like that before league tables and academies.

Tradesmen before checkatrade etc were impossible.

Why do you think reviews & league tables are a bad idea?
                  Do you think all schools are better, or does it just drive house prices near "better" schools and penalties for worse ones?

Has the education of all children in the UK improved as a direct result?

Comment

Do you think all schools are better, or does it just drive house prices near "better" schools and penalties for worse ones?

Has the education of all children in the UK improved as a direct result?
                    Experience locally is that the schools you would historically only send embryo drug dealers to are now graded outstanding as Academies and intelligent parents are desperate to get their kids in.

If you never measured it how do you know its improved? Oh yes when students from historically terrible schools are welcomed at the best Universities. Or people that paid for private school / Grammar schools actively choose an Academy now.

Or maybe where major employers have formed partnerships with schools previously only considered as recruitment places for future criminals.

Slough area schools have improved immeasurably in the last few decades and where schools have dropped (a few have) they have been adopted / supported by organisations like SASH. Many have been rebooted and are now massively oversubscribed.

It used to be in "XYZ" capture area was just about a couple of schools, now its on the majority of schools.

I can't talk for the UK but it seems to have worked in Slough area.

Comment

Working...
                    X