• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B'Liar likes tax evoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair's tax arrangement have been known about for decades.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...blair-finances
    https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/busi...ssively-opaque

The tax authorities are strangely completely uninterested in any of these "arrangements"
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

A contractor forum is hardly the place to take the moral high ground on tax.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
        A contractor forum is hardly the place to take the moral high ground on tax.
        Um, Please provide examples - as via a limited company I pay all the tax I'm expected to pay.

In fact the only benefit we get is to control when money is paid from our limited company into our own personal bank account.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Um, Please provide examples - as via a limited company I pay all the tax I'm expected to pay.

In fact the only benefit we get is to control when money is paid from our limited company into our own personal bank account.
          There are plenty of moral grey areas when it comes to working through a limited company.

If you are a one man band contractor is it morally acceptable to pay your partner a salary (when you know they effectively do F-all so) you can take advantage of their tax free allowance?

I don't believe it is but plenty would disagree.
          Last edited by TheDude; 6 October 2021, 10:18.

Comment

As did Blair. Are you just trolling now?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              As did Blair. Are you just trolling now?
              Nope, I was asking a poster to elaborate on their point which they have done.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nope, I was asking a poster to elaborate on their point which they have done.
                You know you're a dodgy tax avoider

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You know you're a dodgy tax avoider
                  If he was a Tory MP or Tory MP's wife, he'd be working perfectly legally to safeguard his future. (Or whatever JRM etc use to deflect from their ways of not paying their fair share)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If he was a Tory MP or Tory MP's wife, he'd be working perfectly legally to safeguard his future. (Or whatever JRM etc use to deflect from their ways of not paying their fair share)
                    He's working perfectly legally now (as far as we know). You can be entirely dodgy while remaining within the law, in fact that's rather the point of this thread.

Comment

There is a certain irony of contractors, who refuse to take inside IR35 roles, debating the morals of legal tax avoidance used by others. Contractors who presumably in the main manage their 'companies' to maximise their tax efficiency, including adding spouses to be shareholders etc.

Glass houses guys and gals
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X