• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

B'Liar likes tax evoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    B'Liar likes tax evoidance

    Who would have thunk it?

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-Papers.html

    The group of nine includes former Labour prime minister, who with his wife Cherie avoided £321,000 ($434,000) in stamp duty when they bought an office in London by purchasing the offshore company that owned it. The couple have built a £35m property empire of 39 homes, flats and offices since he left Downing Street.
    Although he is not named himself, the wife of Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg's wife is. Helena de Chair is the beneficiary of a holding company and trust to manage 'pictures and paintings' worth $3.5million.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

    #2
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Nothing wrong with avoiding tax (I assume thats what you mean) I avoid tax with my pension, my ISA, any time I put an expense though MyCo. We have just finally persuaded my nan to move to the house in Spain and sell her place in England to avoid IHT
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

    I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

      Nothing wrong with avoiding tax (I assume thats what you mean) I avoid tax with my pension, my ISA, any time I put an expense though MyCo. We have just finally persuaded my nan to move to the house in Spain and sell her place in England to avoid IHT
      Have you ever gone to country and suggest that we all should pay more tax?
      "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

      I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

        Nothing wrong with avoiding tax (I assume thats what you mean) I avoid tax with my pension, my ISA, any time I put an expense though MyCo. We have just finally persuaded my nan to move to the house in Spain and sell her place in England to avoid IHT
        But, but, but, but .... that's not the same as when a rich person does it
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

        Comment


          #5
          As the BBC article points out, it's very normal to transfer property within a holding company. Tony claims the seller insisted on doing it this way (who knows if that's true).

          The only awkward part is that he specifically pointed out this case about 20 years ago as one that was bad and should be stopped.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

          Comment


            #6
            "evoidance" being a witty portmanteau of avoidance and evasion?

            I don't believe you made that up, so you either got lucky with a typo or pinched it
            Click here to come to the CUK Xmas do on 10 Dec! Meet your board heroes!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              "evoidance" being a witty portmanteau of avoidance and evasion?

              I don't believe you made that up, so you either got lucky with a typo or pinched it
              It wasn't typo.

              Have used it for years, check my posts, to mock Hector's attempt to merge the two when he wants to. Back when IR35 affected me. Not sure I nicked it.



              "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

              I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

                Nothing wrong with avoiding tax (I assume thats what you mean) I avoid tax with my pension, my ISA, any time I put an expense though MyCo. We have just finally persuaded my nan to move to the house in Spain and sell her place in England to avoid IHT
                Depends how dodgy the avoidance is. ISAs are not dodgy at all. But expenses through a LTD could well be legit or they might be evasion, depending on what you are expensing.

                20 years ago i was at at a gig and many of the contractors were signing up to an extremely dodgy deprecating currency loan scheme.

                They all though it was legit tax avoidance. I stayed well clear.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

                  Depends how dodgy the avoidance is. ISAs are not dodgy at all. But expenses through a LTD could well be legit or they might be evasion, depending on what you are expensing.

                  20 years ago i was at at a gig and many of the contractors were signing up to an extremely dodgy deprecating currency loan scheme.

                  They all though it was legit tax avoidance. I stayed well clear.
                  In the eyes of the law there is no such thing as dodgy avoidance.

                  It's either legit avoidance, or it's illegal avoidance and hence evasion.

                  So, if the expense is 'dodgy' avoidance then it's fraud. Simple as.

                  Re the Blairs, we may not like them, we may not like that they have save millions in tax, but so long as it's avoidance and not evasion then it's tough t*tty for the tax payer.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

                    Re the Blairs, we may not like them, we may not like that they have save millions in tax, but so long as it's avoidance and not evasion then it's tough t*tty for the tax payer.
                    Yeah, I agree - it becomes a moral rather than legal argument.
                    Click here to come to the CUK Xmas do on 10 Dec! Meet your board heroes!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X