• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B'Liar likes tax evoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I really dislike B'Liar the warmonger so I hope the tax avoidance unravels.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I wonder will the MSM be able to create enough fuss round Bliar to distract from Aquind and Amersi?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

In the eyes of the law there is no such thing as dodgy avoidance.

It's either legit avoidance, or it's illegal avoidance and hence evasion.

So, if the expense is 'dodgy' avoidance then it's fraud. Simple as.

Re the Blairs, we may not like them, we may not like that they have save millions in tax, but so long as it's avoidance and not evasion then it's tough t*tty for the tax payer.
        But sometimes there is a grey area, or at least it needs to go to court to decide if it was aggressive avoidance - squeezing every penny - or evasion.
        In this case it seems very clearly above board. But where politicians are concerned, getting caught doing something immoral can sometimes be worse than merely breaking the law.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I wonder will the MSM be able to create enough fuss round Bliar to distract from Aquind and Amersi?
          hmm yes because they are really trying to hide Mr Amersi's tax behaviour, from the story in my link.

Although he is not named himself, the wife of Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg's wife is. Helena de Chair is the beneficiary of a holding company and trust to manage 'pictures and paintings' worth $3.5million. And major Tory donor Mohamed Amersi, who helped bankroll Boris Johnson's leadership campaign, was dragged into the scandal amid claims he was allegedly involved in one of Europe's biggest corruption scandals involving a $220m bung with the glamorous daughter of the then president of Uzbekistan at its heart.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Nothing wrong with avoiding tax ..
            In principle no, but when you stand on a soapbox spouting about tax fairness, as Tony Blair did, then it's pretty hypocritical to be avoiding tax in ways you know full well most people can't!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Presumably the company that purchased the property paid stamp duty when they did?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                Presumably the company that purchased the property paid stamp duty when they did?
                Presumably, if it was required at that time. And CGT applies when it's sold again.

Comment

Setting up shell companies in tax havens, that hold in trust, other shell companies in other tax havens, to a depth that is mind boggling to not pay tax. This is acceptable.

Being a disguised employee? See you in court and well, throw the book at 'em I say!

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I don't remember anyone saying it was acceptable. They say it's legal, and very hard to stop.
                    Being a disguised employee is quite easy to identify and not impossible to legislate.

Comment

There's tax avoidance and then there's the Oude Joris Double Blind Trust HQd in the Dutch Antilles, otherwise known as tax avoidance for massive cretins.

Comment

Working...
                      X