• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wayne Couzens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne Couzens

I cannot get over the appalling acts and murder committed by Wayne Couzens. Furthermore, it appears there are sinister coverups by the police.

Wayne Couzens was virtually tipped off about his arrest giving him time to destroy evidence and wipe his phone clean. He was part of a group of four other officers who had extreme perversions.

His fellow police could not directly warn him so they turned up an hour early and sat in a van in full view until he walked his dog. The police claim it was a mistake. These are unforgivable actions by police who claim they were out to catch a killer.

This escapade will not end with Wayne Couzens alone going to prison.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Why are you so shocked? What type of people do you think are attracted to a job like that? Where they have so much power over general public. They are paid low wages so it's the power that attracts most to it. A few do it for the sense of duty but it's not surprising there are a lot of people like this in these positions.

Comment

You're viewing what this toe rag did from the lens of civilized society. And any civilised person myself included are appalled by what he did.
      Which probably also explains why his fellow officers didn't believe he would do such a thing.

But his actions are not -that- unusual from a global perspective. For example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_d...ion_of_Germany

"As Allied troops entered and occupied German territory during the later stages of World War II, mass rapes of women took place both in connection with combat operations and during the subsequent occupation of Germany. Scholars agree that the majority of the rapes were committed by Soviet occupation troops ... The exact number of German women and girls raped by Soviet troops during the war and occupation is uncertain, but historians estimate their numbers are likely in the hundreds of thousands, and possibly as many as two million"

Men are beasts when they can get away with it, and the Couzens case serves, sadly, as a wakeup call to this fact.

Comment

Since moving to that London in 2014, I had never felt unsafe at any hour when trotting about town. It hasn't all been perfect, and I wouldn't say I've never been in a situation where I felt uncomfortable but I never felt unsafe.

Couzens' behaviour enabled by the cover up by multiple forces over the years makes me feel very unsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Since moving to that London in 2014, I had never felt unsafe at any hour when trotting about town. It hasn't all been perfect, and I wouldn't say I've never been in a situation where I felt uncomfortable but I never felt unsafe.

Couzens' behaviour enabled by the cover up by multiple forces over the years makes me feel very unsafe.
          I get that completely... but just realise nothing has fundamentally changed, you probably should have felt unsafe the entire time. Sorry that's not reassuring.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post

I get that completely... but just realise nothing has fundamentally changed, you probably should have felt unsafe the entire time. Sorry that's not reassuring.
            I agree. It's more an observation on the bliss one gains from ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              His fellow police could not directly warn him so they turned up an hour early and sat in a van in full view until he walked his dog. The police claim it was a mistake. These are unforgivable actions by police who claim they were out to catch a killer.
              Wait, what's your source on this? The judge in the trial was particularly complementary of the investigation and said, and I quote:

Second, this has been the most impressive police investigation that I have encountered in the 30 years I have been sitting as a part-time and full-time judge. The speed with which the evidence leading to the arrest of the defendant was secured is highly notable, as has been the painstaking reconstruction of these events using electronic material along with more old-fashioned methods of policing. It cannot be suggested in my view that the Metropolitan Police, even for a moment, attempted to close ranks to protect one of their own. Instead, remorselessly, efficiently and impartially the investigating officers followed all the available leads, resulting in an overwhelming case against the accused. Meriting particular mention are Detective Chief Inspector Catherine Goodwin, Detective Kim Martin and Acting Detective Inspector Lee Tullett. Mr Tullett has been a key figure in the investigation and the preparation of this case, going well beyond what could properly be expected of any police officer, and his role deserves high commendation
              Are we really suggesting that officers who were part of the investigation conspired to warn him? Despite never working with him, and knowing the nature of the crime?

Comment

and another one Metropolitan Police officer charged with rape - BBC News

Metrapeolitan Police Force it seems.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It seems his colleagues knew he was a bit strange I'm not sure what I would do if I managed a group of people who had one member nicknamed 'rapist', I rather hope I would at least keep a close eye on them.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ndingmarch2020

The homicide rate was 11.7 per million population
                  Maybe it is more surprising more people don't get killed by the Police considering the amount of PTSD that is probably suffered by serving officers.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    What type of people do you think are attracted to a job like that?
                    Do you know anyone who has joined the force since you know them? I do and they are all caring, compassionate people. I'm more worried what the job does to them, I don't know how any copper doesn't end up totally screwed up and hating mankind.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X