• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We Buy Any Car...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Buy Any Car...

except yours!

Which one of you was trying to get rid of your old car?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/30/drive...-car-15342402/

A man is upset with We Buy Any Car because… well, maybe it doesn’t buy absolutely ANY car.

The company’s slogan is ‘So Quick. So Simple. So Schofield’, but that hasn’t been Pandi Qerreti’s experience.

The 44-year-old from Hull sold his Mercedes Benz to the company on September 16 and expected £33,097.25 to land in his account before 8pm the next day.

But he was in for a shock when he got a call and an email from the company saying the purchase had been cancelled, and he must ‘immediately pick up the car’.

Although frustrated, Pandi said he intended to pick up the Mercedes – until he got an email from the DVLA saying he was no longer the owner.

The official government notice said: ‘The DVLA have been notified electronically that you have sold/transferred this vehicle into the motor trade and are no longer the keeper.’

The application to change the car’s ownership details was registered at 11.17am on September 17, more than an hour after We Buy Any Car refused to buy his vehicle.

Confused, Pandi claims he told We Buy Any Car about the DVLA notice saying the Mercedes was no longer his.

But, more than a week later, he claims he has not received any money and hasn’t picked up the car because of the DVLA notification telling him he’s no longer the owner.

He said: ‘I’ve been very stressed and very disappointed. It stopped me going to work, I can’t go to work because of the stress.’

In an email sent to Pandi at 9.51am on September 17, a representative from We Buy Any Car said it had cancelled the sale was because the company believed he was a car dealer, breaching the sale contract.

It said: ‘From a review of the documentation and information we have found about you, we have identified that your business is in the buying and selling of vehicles.

‘As you have also been in possession of this vehicle for a very short period of time, we reasonably believe therefore that you are selling this vehicle in the general course of business.’

Pandi said while he used to be a car dealer, he has since changed jobs and now runs a coffee shop.

He also claimed that he understood his credentials had been checked before a signed invoice confirming the sale was issued.

‘They checked the car before, they checked me a while before, they should know,’ he said.

‘They wasted my time. I want to highlight the case to warn others.’

Left without his money or a car, Pandi says he has spoken to We Buy Any Car to try and resolve the issue and would like the company to help him get back either the ownership of the Mercedes, or for the purchase to be followed through.

We Buy Any Car has been approached for comment.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Sounds like a dodgy car dealer who also runs a cafe was trying a fast one to offload stock to We Buy Any Car as a private sale...
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

They don't buy any car in general, if it's older then a certain amount of years, I think it was 7, they also don't buy it

Comment

He said: ‘I’ve been very stressed and very disappointed. It stopped me going to work, I can’t go to work because of the stress.’
        Bloomin' snowflakes.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Bloomin' snowflakes.
          Exactly what I thought.

Comment

Any large business is into abusing their power. WeBuyAnyCar is probably not any different. They will haggle with you, give you an initial high offer then find reasons to cut it down once you have already travelled to their place.

Puzzeles me a bit why people would be on their side. The dealer as dodgier as he might have been was still selling to willing buyers at the current fair market price. Buyer cancelling the deal on shoddy T&C is still abuse of power and a glimpse of how big businesses get a pass in this country.

Not any different than what other dealers do as well though.

If I had a car to sell, I don't think I would go through them anyway. Unless I have 7 days to leave the country.

Comment

Perhaps if he were to actually go down to pick his car up as they suggested then maybe he'd get his car back.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Bloomin' snowflakes.
                He's too stressed to go to a coffee shop?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Sounds like a dodgy car dealer who also runs a cafe was trying a fast one to offload stock to We Buy Any Car as a private sale...
                  Exactly this. He's been caught bang to rights IMO. That said they've properly screwed up the process changing the V5 and the like. Catch him out, reverse it all to the situation before the sale fair enough but he'll get his car back with two extra owners on it isn't very fair.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    They don't buy any car in general, if it's older then a certain amount of years, I think it was 7, they also don't buy it
                    Totally not true.

I've sold two cars, 16 and 14 years old, to them. They'll take anything as long as it's running (and to be honest, the last car I sold them wouldn't even start on the day they inspected it, the guy didn't care).

If you want to get rid of a banger and get a few quid for it, it's a good system.

Comment

Working...
                    X